Userpic

ferncs
Traveller
3 comments

Posted 10 years ago

My problem is basically that when I try to reserve a seat on the overnight train from Prague (booking from Bad Schandau) to Amsterdam I end up with two options that look almost exactly the same, and I don't know which to book.

The first departs Bad Schandau at 20:17 on platform 2, it is CNL 456.
But it then says that you must transfer at Duisburg Hbf at 05:27, wait 1:59h and then get on an ICE 222 Train at 07:26 to get into Amsterdam Centraal at 09:26. This departure and arrive time are the same as the Rail Dude site but the transfer is not.

The other option also departs Bad Schandau at 20:17 on platform 2 and is CNL 456. This appears to be the same train.
There is no transfers this time, however the train arrives in Amsterdam Central at 10:49, over an hour later than the railcc site says the night train should arrive.

I don't know which train to book? They appear to be almost exactly the same train but slightly different. Please help.

Follow this topic
Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 10 years ago

Hi!

Where on the railcc site did you find the arrival time in Amsterdam at 0929? It is 0959. This is the regular arrival time in Amsterdam however there are often construction works leading to a diversion of the train via Mönchengladbach - Venlo - Eindhoven instead of the regular way via Emmerich - Arnhem.

I you want to sleep longer book the direct CNL train all the way through to Amsterdam (arriving at 1049 on that day); however if you want to arrive earlier in Amsterdam book only to Duisburg (in that case you can book from Prague) where you change to the ICE train to Amsterdam.

Flo 8)