Userpic

irishgals
Traveller
15 comments

Posted 10 years ago

Hi,

Could someone possibly detail to me the changes on this train route below from Zurich to Milan? It\'s just quite confusing as to when I need to get off the train & if I will have enough time to find the correct platform? Thanks.

[u]https://rail.cc/en/train/zurich-to-milan[/u]

Follow this topic
Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 10 years ago

Hi!

Dont worry, the interchanges are no problem and it is enough time. I used this route several times without issues. ;)

The yellow arrows symbolize a change of trains. We will update this route to the new layout shortly where changes will be more clear.

# Chur: Cross-platform interchange: The IC from Zürich usually arrives at platform 9, the RE to St Moritz departs from the opposite platform 10.
# Samedan: Cross-platform interchange; usually from platfrom 2 > 3
# Pontresina: Enough time to take the subway from platform 1 > 3
# Tirano: Enough time to change from RhB station to Trenord/Trenitalia station. The station buildings are adjacent, cant miss. ;)

Flo 8)

Userpic

irishgals
Traveller
15 comments

replied 10 years ago

Thank you, that's a great help :)

Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 10 years ago

You're welcome.

I dont know if I mentioned it already in another thread but it is really worth it to get off somewhere along the line; I would recommend either Morteratsch (for a walk to the glacier of the same name, however this is probably not the best idea if you have all your luggage with you); or on top of the line at Ospizio Bernina or one stop afterwards at Alp Grüm. Even if you carry your backpacks it is worth spending an hour or so at each station to enjoy the scenery and maybe walk a bit along the trails.
As the Tirano - Milano connection runs every two hours you would have time for two one-hour stops at Ospizio Bernina and Alp Grüm. :)

Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 10 years ago

[u]https://rail.cc/blog/zurich-milano-albula-bernina/[/u] :)

Userpic

irishgals
Traveller
15 comments

replied 10 years ago

Wow! thanks for that.. it looks amazing!

So excited for it now :D

Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 10 years ago

You're welcome! :D