Userpic

anonymous
Traveller
2467 comments

Posted 10 years ago

We're doing this route above in August any advice / suggestions / general chit chat?

Megabusing it to Amsterdam and returning from Paris a month later the rest is planned but we'll no doubt vary from it!

Mike

Follow this topic
Userpic

Jakub_W
Traveller
11 comments

replied 10 years ago

Hi man, me and 3 friends are doing a similar route, starting 11th August but we're going for 10 days!

We will be in Amsterdam in the evening and the following day (12th) and then Berlin - Prague - ? - Barcelona. If you're in any of the cities at a similar time we would be up for a beer mate!

Userpic

anonymous
Traveller
2467 comments

replied 10 years ago

Hi, yeah we are setting off around those dates also. Can't wait if i'm honest! Always up for a beer though fella!! You guys prebooking any hostels or anything?

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9332 comments

replied 10 years ago

Hi Mike ...
It depends on how much you want to travel ...
But just as a suggestion:
Amsterdam - Berlin - Prague - Krakow - Budapest - Belgarde - by the amazing day train to Bar (Montenegro)
Then by inexpensive buses from Bar via Podgorica to Dubrovnik (Croatia) and Split.
Then you have to option to stop earlier in Ploce and travel via Mostar and Sarajevo to Zagreb. Or the direct way from Split to Zagreb.
Also possible is to travel along the coast by bus to Rijeka.
Then maybe Lake Bled in Slovenia and border crossing to Italy like this: [u]https://rail.cc/blog/travel-lake-bled-train/[/u]
All schedules (also the ones for the buses) are here: [u]https://rail.cc/en/search-interrail-route[/u]
And please help us to help you with the information on railcc - buy your official Interrail pass on the recommended website: [ux]https://rail.shop/interrail[/ux] - as it is not fair to ask at railcc for support and buy somewhere else. Thank you! :)
Peter :)

Userpic

anonymous
Traveller
2467 comments

replied 10 years ago

Thanks for your response Peter! Very helpful. The Rijeka route does look good

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9332 comments

replied 10 years ago

It is a bit of bus travel in Croatia - but really inexpensive and worth to see... :)

Userpic

Jakub_W
Traveller
11 comments

replied 10 years ago

Same here Mike, me second interrail trip, first for the others! Only thing on our minds now :) !

We were thinking of pre-booking Amsterdam, Berlin and Prague hostels, and then book the rest on the road, so we have some freedom. We want to end up in Barcelona but I'm not sure whether we will actually book a hostel before we leave. I've been to Barca a few times now, last time was in April and hopefully we will stay at the same hostel i stayed at (Sant Jordi Alberg) as it was awesome, especially every-night pub crawls!

We are still in the planning process, and will know where and when we're going in a week or so, I will drop you a message and if you are in any of the cities at the same time, we're up for a drink in the evening, as surely we will be visiting a lot of pubs/bars in all the cities :D !

Userpic

anonymous
Traveller
2467 comments

replied 10 years ago

Sounds awesome - I've just been away in Krakow with the lads and really have got the bug haha

Yeah we've booked a hotel for the first night then are looking at getting the night train to Berlin aside from that we'll float pretty aimlessly.

Good luck with the planning!

Userpic

Callum_E
Traveller
7 comments

replied 10 years ago

[quote]Always up for a beer though fella!! [/quote]

That's exactly what i like to hear!

Yeah as Jakub said we're taking a similar route, we just need to research a good selection of things to look at in each city along with a good selection of pubs! :D

Userpic

Jakub_W
Traveller
11 comments

replied 10 years ago

Krakow is great, I've got family there, really nice city. I would recommend going to Barcelona, my favorite European city, need a good 2-3 days though!

Userpic

anonymous
Traveller
2467 comments

replied 10 years ago

Sounds quality lads, there is so much to see in Europe. We've been discussing literally hopping off the train as we pass places but only staying in the ones we're really keen for! Like between Prague and Budapest theres Vienna, Bratislava ect.

Userpic

Callum_E
Traveller
7 comments

replied 10 years ago

[quote]Sounds quality lads, there is so much to see in Europe. We've been discussing literally hopping off the train as we pass places but only staying in the ones we're really keen for! Like between Prague and Budapest theres Vienna, Bratislava ect.[/quote]

Mikes got the right idea! I think we was planning on doing the same hopping off here and there inbetween the big cities; we are going to 'stretch our legs' in some other cities a long the way! It'll obviously extend travelling time between your main cities you are staying in but like you say.. We will see a bit more of the sights and get something eat/drink. It will split up some of the boring train rides as well which is a positive mate! 8) Great idea lad