Userpic

Bierko
Traveller
6 comments

Posted 10 years ago

Hi guys,

I'm looking forward to do my first Interrail this summer!

Initially I thought on buying the Interrail pass in CP (Trains of Portugal) but they don't have the insurance option.

So, I took a look at your railcc partner link [ux]https://rail.shop/interrail[/ux] because you have that option, but I don't know anyone who has bought via railcc partner link, so I'm afraid of paying 300€ without knowing if it's trustable.

Can you relax me please? ;)

Best regards,

Bruno Ferreira

Follow this topic
Userpic

DerWerner
Traveller
151 comments

replied 10 years ago

Yes, you can trust it. I bought my ticket over the railcc partner link [ux]https://rail.shop/interrail[/ux] and few days later it was in my post box.

Is a good way to buy your ticket because you support the great forum with a lot of underground information :)

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9332 comments

replied 10 years ago

Hi Bruno ...
You can definitely trust. Just ask the users with the yellow PLUS bar - they all ordered here via the railcc partner links [ux]https://rail.shop/interrail[/ux] ! :)
And no worries - we run this website since more than 15 years successfully ...! :)
Beside you get all the help and information we offer which you won't get if you buy at CP or some other websites.
Peter :)

Userpic

Bierko
Traveller
6 comments

replied 10 years ago

Thanks a lot both of you, now I will buy here :)

By the way, can you tell me if this 1st point is apllicable to the Interrail Global Youth Consecutive 15 days? And what's the ACP rail phone card?

•Maps, timetables and travelers guide (if applicable to the product purchased)
•Complimentary ACP Rail phone card worth $5 and 5 free minutes of International long distance

Thanks a lot for the help!

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9332 comments

replied 10 years ago

The maps and other things are the standard information you always get with every rail pass you buy. It is the standard Interrail map. Nice and okay to get an overview.
If you want to have a book with good schedules, I recommend to have a look at the European Rail Timetable: [u]https://rail.cc/blog/european-rail-timetable/[/u]
The also offer a good map. :)
The phone card is a phone card. Never need/used it.

Userpic

Tomthebear
Traveller
138 comments

replied 10 years ago

The book and the map offered by European Rail Timetable are great!

Userpic

Bierko
Traveller
6 comments

replied 10 years ago

Thanks ;) maybe for the timetables I'll prefer the Internet, I will download the schedules in pdf files to my cellphone, so it's more practical I guess...and lighter!

Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 10 years ago

What schedules are you going to download? I bet the European Rail Timetable is much more practical...

Userpic

DerWerner
Traveller
151 comments

replied 10 years ago

[quote]What schedules are you going to download? I bet the TC is much more practical...[/quote]

Flow will win this game :D
European Rail Timetable is better then the files on your cell phone :D

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9332 comments

replied 10 years ago

I have the same opinion ... European Rail Timetable is definitely the better choice! :)
Or if you want to have it online, use [ux]http://plan.rail.cc[/ux] :)

Userpic

Bierko
Traveller
6 comments

replied 10 years ago

Well, I was going to put these one in my phone, which I donwload from this website: fahrplanheft.oebb.at/bin/query/query-p2w.exe/en

I already know more or less which are the trains I want to go in...I will do this routs by train:

Amsterdam-Berlin
Berlin-Wroclaw (night train)
Wroclaw-Prague (night train)
Prague-Brno
Brno-Bratislava
Bratislava-Wien
Wien-Budapest

Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 10 years ago

Humm...well, they might be ok for your routes, I dont know. I just tried Wien - Milan with this feature and it didnt even show me the direct night train... :(

Anyway, there are no Berlin - Wroclaw and Wroclaw - Prague night trains.

Userpic

Bierko
Traveller
6 comments

replied 10 years ago

Yes, that's true. I use that website just for day trains, I forgot to tell you that...it doesn't show night trains.

For the night trains I use an App for WindowsPhone which is Fahrplan, and I also check railcc's night routes :P

Userpic

Bierko
Traveller
6 comments

replied 10 years ago

Just one question, the Interrail Pass takes just 3 days to get home?
Do I need to sign when it arrives?

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9332 comments

replied 10 years ago

Hi.
Shipping information for Portugal.

[b]Express Shipping[/b]:
- Shipping time 1-3 business (!) days.
- Someone has to sing.
- FREE if you add the Rail Safeguard Plan Plus to your Interrail pass, protecting your pass against lost and theft. The Rail Safeguard Plan Plus costs EUR 18/19.
OR
- EUR 17 if you do not add the Rail Safeguard Plan Plus.

[b]Air Mail[/b]:
- Shipping time 2-7 business (!) days.
- No one has to sign.
- EUR 7

Userpic

Bierko
Traveller
6 comments

replied 10 years ago

Thanks a lot Peter :)