Userpic

whitfield4
Traveller
2 comments

Posted 11 years ago

I'm planning on using the night train from Istanbul to Sofia (dept. 22.00, May 29) and I can't find anywhere to reserve seats online. The TCCD site doesn't allow booking from Sirkeci, apparently. Is this necessary or will I not have a seat if I wait until I get there? Our flight lands at 4 that morning, so will that be enough time to get two tickets for the train/ bus replacement?
Thank y'all in advance!

Follow this topic
Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10724 comments

replied 11 years ago

Hi,

as far as I know you cannot get tickets for this connection online, but it will be sufficient to get them locally at Sirkeci station.
:arr: [u]https://rail.cc/blog/bucharest-sofia-istanbul-train/[/u]

Flo 8)

Userpic

whitfield4
Traveller
2 comments

replied 11 years ago

Thanks so much!

Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10724 comments

replied 11 years ago

No problem. When I was using the train in the opposite direction in February, there was plenty of space left; this especially applied for the portion running to/from Bucuresti - I was the only customer in the sleeping car...
So in the extremely unlikely case that you dont find a place in the portion to Sofia you could also take the portion to Bucresti until Mihailovo or Stara Zagora and work your way to Sofia from there - but you wont need this option. ;)

It would be great if you could give us a short report about the current situation down there after your trip. Especially timings, delays and how the bus replacement works would be of interest. Thank you. :)

Userpic

whitfield4
Traveller
2 comments

replied 11 years ago

Thanks again, that's great info. I will do my best to update y'all when we get back!