Userpic

medept
Traveller
2 comments

Posted 11 years ago

Hi there.

Just wondering has anyone successfully booked online a night train from Budapest to Krakow. I was looking 29th May.

After some hours I gave up and since the price of missing a hotel in Krakow and booking another one in Budapest were we not to get on the night train(Highly Unlikely!), outweighed the 98Euro paid for 2 tickets I just went ahead and booked the train outwith the Interrail card.

Just might be useful for other people as I say bit late for me but then again I suppose I have an extra travel day if I fancy.

Cheers

Martin

Follow this topic
Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9332 comments

replied 11 years ago

Hi Martin.
In Eastern-Europe you usually buy reservations only at stations and not online.
Prices for the night train Budapest to Krakow here: [u]https://rail.cc/en/night-train/budapest-krakow-en476/406/40/137[/u]
You need only ONE travel day for this route.
If you want to book point to point tickets for Hungary, do it here: rail.shop/mav
Order online and pick it up at a train station in Hungary - in Budapest Keleti for example right hand at the main entrance, there is the ticket machine. Fill in your 10 digits pin and you get the ticket. Very easy. :)
Peter :)

Userpic

medept
Traveller
2 comments

replied 11 years ago

Yep got the last tickets at 49 euro for 2 bed sleeper they have since gone up to 59 euro each.

Cheers for the reply was just wondering if I was missing something but if they dont allow reservations online you either have to stump up or chance it. Again as we have already the hotels booked I didn't want to chance it.