Userpic

afroditi
Traveller
1 comments

Posted 11 years ago

Hi Peter!

I have another question about night trains as i found a more convenient route. Zurich - Vienni instead of Zurich-Prague.
So, i would like to ask you the following:
1. Reservation is not compulsory and it is in the category of rule 19:00. Right?
2.I see that extra money for this route is 5 euros. Is this price indeed?
3.Also, when and where we pay this extra money for this route?
4. Furthermore, i am intersted in Lyria TGV for Paris - Zurich. I found two different prices for the fees of reservation. One is 9 euros (in the page of Interrail train connections)and 14 the other (in the page of reservationf passholders). What's the right price?

Follow this topic
Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1390 comments

replied 11 years ago

1+2+3. NO- for INTernational RES is compulsory and cost 5 eur for seat-or maybe 8 or 6 CHF when done at SBB.
Can avoid this by going earlier to Austria -maybe add Lichtenstein to your collection of countries visited, and board in AT-then its not obligatory anymore.
4. there is no ''right''price as it depends on quota etc-or both are right as such, but reckon on 14 and also reckon on ''no seats for you!''

Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10724 comments

replied 11 years ago

Hi!

1) The train is not marked as a train with compulsory reservation neither on SBB website, nor SBB Kursbuch (timetables), nor ÖBB website. I think it used to be (as the night train to Graz) but you should be able to use it without reservation now. :arr: [u]https://rail.cc/de/nachtzug/zuerich-wien-en-467/63[/u]
The 1900 applies.
2) This is the regular price for a seat reservation, yes. It might be slightly different depending on where you buy the actualy reservation (due to handling fees, etc..)
3) For instance at the ticket office in Zürich HB. Or at another station.
4) As above, the 9€ is the regular reservation price; if you buy the reservation online it can be more expensive since there are additional costs which have to be paid (postage for instance..)

Flo 8)