Userpic

anonymous
Traveller
2467 comments

Posted 11 years ago

Hello railcc-Community!
I am planning to a Eurotrip with my friend this June. So we are planning that way, that we arrive in Belgrade on 1st of June and discover the Balkans by bus in one week because we heard that the trainlines are not the best over there and it would be fast with bus.
On 9th June I would start using the train the first time in Zagreb to Villach (Austria) and take the bus to Venice. After that we wanted to make a quick tour over Italy. One day each Venice-Florence-Milan with train. We would take the plane to Lizbon on 12th June from Milan. And use the train to Porto, Madrid, Barcelona and Paris.

I calculated and still don't know which InterrailPass I should use. So all in all I would use the train 6 times on 10 days.
So what would be better? Getting the Global pass 5 days within 10 days for 181 € and buy one extra train ticket for example in the short-distance trains in Italy. Or the 10 days within 22 days for 265 €? How much would it be when I get a seperate ticket for example Venice-Florence? And where can I reserve it? I tried trenitalia but didn't manage to get any information.

Thank you in advance

Follow this topic
Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9332 comments

replied 11 years ago

Hi.
Buy a 5 in 10 days Interrail pass... and buy maybe even special prices for Italy at Trenitalia.
Also Zagreb to Venice is cheap.
Zagreb - Ljubljana
Ljubljana - Lake Bled
Lake Bled to Venice use this route via Gorizia: [u]https://rail.cc/blog/travel-lake-bled-train/[/u]
Prices are on the websites of the national railway companies. As I am traveling right now as well, I can't find them out today. :)
Peter :)