Userpic

afroditi
Traveller
1 comments

Posted 11 years ago

Although i read information about interail i have some questions as i have never tried this kind of travelling before.
> >
> > I will choose the interrail global pass of 5 trips within 10 days! My plan is like this: Paris - Zurich - Prague - Vienna - Budapest. I know that if i have the interail pass i dont need tickets for every train. Just showing my pass is ok. Reservations are not mandatory, only in somes cases. I will buy on - line the interail pass and it will be sent in my house.
Please let me know if i have understood something wrong from the above.
My questions are the following:
> 1. How can i find my seats in case that i don't make reservation?
> 2.If i want to make a reservation, which is the process?
> 3.It is better for me to take night train for the route Zurich - Prague (19.40-10.30/ hours of departure and arrival) This route is in the category of 7:00 rule so it will be accounted as one route, right? Also, i have to pay 17.50 euros and i must make reservation for seats, right? Is something else that i have to do or know about this route?

Thanks a lot,
Afroditi :D :D :D

Follow this topic
Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9330 comments

replied 11 years ago

Hi.

1) If a train you use is free of reservation, then just enter and sit down on a free place.
2) You will need reservations for Paris-Zurich if you want to use the direct high speed train, for example available here on railcc or at a station in France. But you can use as well slower but absolutely free connections. See here:
3) Paris - Zurich: [u]https://rail.cc/en/train/paris-to-zurich[/u]
Zurich to Prague requires as well a reservation: [u]https://rail.cc/en/night-train/zurich-prague-cnl-40470/38[/u]
Read exactly, as an online reservation is only possible with either departure or arrival station in Germany. But it is explained in the link (Dresden change).
Bellow the map is explained how to book the reservation.
Zurich - Prague is only ONE travel day!
All other trains are free to use, see schedules: [u]https://rail.cc/en/search-interrail-route[/u]
Peter :)

Userpic

anastasiou_geor
Traveller
1 comments

replied 11 years ago

Thank you for your help.

But still i have some questions about Zurich-Prague night train.

First of all should we make two different reservations? Zurich-Dresden and Dresden-Prague?
Also, I will have the interail pass for 5 route within 10 days. one of the routes is Zurich-Prague and it cost 17.5 euros extra. But i find different prices when i want to book tickets by Deutsce Bahn.

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9330 comments

replied 11 years ago

Hi.
If you want to make the reservation online, then only Zurich-Dresden.
Either ask the train staff if it is okay to stay in your compartment until Prague, which is usually no problem as it is the same price. If not, move to the free 2nd class car in Dresden.
There are different types of compartements like mentioned here on railcc. So if you want a more private one, it is more expensive.
Peter :)

Userpic

afroditi
Traveller
1 comments

replied 11 years ago

OK..Now it's clear!

Thanks for your help Peter!! :D