Userpic

SallyTownsend
Traveller
2 comments

Posted 11 years ago

Hi there, I'm new to this forum so hopefully no one has posted this question before - I've had a quick look through the posts and had a little search on RailEur*pe's website and I haven't found my answer, so here goes:

I'm preparing to buy my InterRail passes for my 3 month stint in Europe (a mixture of point to point tickets and 2 InterRail passes). I made some reservations with RailEur*pe and they have returned with Adult written on them and not 'Youth' even though I selected the 'Youth' option. My booking confirmation email shows them as Youth tickets, but my printed invoice that came with my reservations and, as mentioned before, the reservations themselves - all say Adult. Is this an error on their part meaning that I'd be turned away presenting 'adult' reservations with a 'youth' pass - Or is this all okay? I thought I'd check to see if this has come up on here before I waste money on their premium number...

Thanks guys.

Follow this topic
Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9331 comments

replied 11 years ago

Hi.
We are NOT the support forum of this company. If you bought tickets at their website and gave them your money, they are also the ones who should give you the support.
If you want to get help here, please buy your tickets as well via railcc. Thank you. :)
Peter :)

Userpic

SallyTownsend
Traveller
2 comments

replied 11 years ago

My post was a little badly written there. I'm aware you guys are completely independent of RailEur*pe, and in hindsight I should have got my reservations from you rather than RE.

I wanted to post here before I called RE about the problem in case it wasn't a problem at all - I was assuming that all reservation tickets look the same (around Spain, France, Portugal btw) and that this youth/adult issue was in fact a non-issue. I'm new to this and just hoped someone might know off the top of their heads e.g. youth/adult class might be the same in these countries. Sorry for the faux pas ;)

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9331 comments

replied 11 years ago

If written adult on a [b]train ticket[/b] it means it is for an adult person (mostly 12 or 16 years and older - depends on the railway company and the country).
The sense of youth and adult on [b]Interrail[/b] is a bit different. It is in the sense of the age-range of travellers. Youth from 12-25 years old, Adult from 26 and older.
It might look confusing at the beginning. :)
Peter :)

Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 11 years ago

I have no experience with reservations from RailEur*pe, however, regular reservations bought from rail stations are always the same for adults/youths: there is no difference.
I dont know why RE sell adult and youth reservations...you could check if there is a price difference (there shouldnt but you never know).

Userpic

SallyTownsend
Traveller
2 comments

replied 11 years ago

Thats exactly what I wanted to know and what I was hoping for - thank you guys :)