Userpic

gedebage
Traveller
1 comments

Posted 11 years ago

Hi Everyone,
I am proposing to do a mammoth trip around Europe using an Interrail Pass. I may need a pass for 2 months, I am not sure yet.That is why I am here, to ask for your suggestions. Firstly,I intend to visit as many countries as I can and record my journey in words and pictures. It will definitely be a whistle stop trip with just enough time to quickly catch the sights of each place I stop as proof that I have been there. I want to do every country on the Interrail network except for the UK and Ireland. I live in the UK and my official Day 1 of Interrailing will begin in either Paris or Brussels.What I need is an itinerary that will cover every country in the shortest time possible, allowing for only 1 night at each destination, and possible nights on trains as well. Put your thinking caps on. I would be very interested to see what you can come up with. Thanks. Liam :D

Follow this topic
Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9332 comments

replied 11 years ago

Hi Liam ...
So just have a look on the schedules we have here on railcc. You should easily find your way:
[u]https://rail.cc/en/search-interrail-route[/u]
Just make the round Paris - Lisbon - Barcelona - Rome - Ljubljana - Zagreb - Belgrade ... down to Istanbul.
Back via Romania in direction of Vienna. Then to Krakow/Prague. Optionally via the Baltic states to Finland.
Sweden, Norway (Bergen), down to Southern Sweden with Inlandsbana. To Denmark, night train to Amsterdam, Brussels, direct train to Switzerland (Basel) - or from Amsterdam by night train to Switzerland. From there by TGV to Paris. And I hope I didn't forget countries now. :)
Peter :)

Userpic

NatureOne
Traveller
273 comments

replied 11 years ago

I tried to find another route:
Paris ( France) - Irun (Spain) - Lissabon (Portugal) - Irun (Spain) - Monaco (Monaco) - Mailand (Italy) - Zurich (Switzerland) - Wien (Austria) - Ljublijana (Slovenia) - Zagreb (Croatia) - Sarajevo (Bosnia-Herzegovina) - Belgrade (Serbia) - Bar (Montenegro) - Belgrade (Serbia)- Skopje (Macedonia) - Thessaloniki (Greece) - Skopje (Macedonia) - Sofia (Bulgaria) - Istanbul (Turkey) - Bucharest (Romania) - Budapest (Hungary) - Bratislava (Slovakia) - Prague (Czech Republic) - Wroclaw (Poland) - Berlin (Germany) - Oslo (Norway) (via Malmö) - Stockholm (Sweden) - Torku (Finland) - Stockholm (Sweden) - Copenhagen (Danmark) - Amsterdam (Netherlands) - Luxembourg (Luxembourg) - Brussels (Belgium)
For the connections you'll have a look at the link Peter added in his post. Have fun :) and good luck with writing. :)

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9332 comments

replied 11 years ago

Looks good! :)
As information: the world record in kilometers with Interrail within one month (also in the Guinness Book of World Records) is done in 1987 and 36.000 kilometers from a friend (Martin Weis).

Userpic

gedebage
Traveller
1 comments

replied 11 years ago

I am impressed. It will be big task to plan this trip as I have to arrange accommodation, and also manage to write about and photo interesting sights along the way. I want to make the reader feel as though they are on the trip, and also encourage people to take the train instead of flying. I will keep everyone up to date on my progress. Thanks for the suggestions so far. ;)

Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1346 comments

replied 11 years ago

nothing new under the sun-has been done quite a few times. Contact the IR/EUrail etc office-housed near NS in Utrecht, and they will have plenty of old stuff of people having done just that-also all other Guinness types of idiot records. There was even 1 -I think- who slept 30 nights on trains.