Userpic

Segelpaul
Traveller
1 comments

Posted 11 years ago

Hi,
I don't know how to book the tickets form Istanbul to Bucharest online. Every time I follow the instructions from railcc I find myself on the website of CFR Calatori and there it is impossible to get a ticket from Istanbul. How is it possible?
In general do you have do book all the tickets in advance or is there a realistic chance just to travel and to buy from every stop the next stage?

Thanks

Follow this topic
Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1391 comments

replied 11 years ago

here we go again.
1. do NOT use these posts for new Qs-make a new thread.
2.there are NO trains from IST till next year. There is a=1 rail-replacing bus to border. Be wise and book a direct bus to Sofia then-or most other Bulg towns you want to visit-much simpler, cheaper too.
3. I am not from this site, but I think your Q has a daft simple answer: wrong link. Or you are waaaaay to early.
4.IF it is at all possible, one can only book online from the railway that has the starting point. You cannot use a German stamp to post a letter in Swiss, not even back to Germany, nah.
5.tickets as such never, ever sell out. What you worry about is the likelihood that trains may be ''full''-which they hardly ever are-there is a reason why there are so few-as noone really bothers to go that way anymore. What may happen on very busy days (everywhere in this world there is hi and lo season-quote that) is that sleepers or so may all be booked, but not the seats.

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9333 comments

replied 11 years ago

Hi.
Nltrainer explained already some points.
You can not buy this tickets online, you have to buy it at the railway station:
[u]https://rail.cc/en/istanbul/istanbul-sirkeci-terminal/l250[/u]
One-way, 2nd class is EUR 39.
Additional fees can be for a couchette (EUR 9) or sleeper (EUR 16).
Keep in mind, the route Istanbul to the Bulgarian border is replaced by a bus (included in the train ticket).
Route information: [u]https://rail.cc/en/train/istanbul-to-bucharest[/u]
Peter :)

P.S.: moved to a new topic.

Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10724 comments

replied 11 years ago

Hej,

currently, the trains operate all the way to/from Istanbul, at least until end of February but information is sparse - even TCDD cant tell exactly when the replacement bus will again operate.

Flo 8)

Userpic

Segelpaul
Traveller
1 comments

replied 11 years ago

Thanks and sorry for stupid questions