Userpic

erkuty
Traveller
3 comments

Posted 11 years ago

Hello guys,

I am enjoying railcc a lot before my IR trip (22 days cont.), and I am now a little bit complicated about my trip from Bordeaux to Barcelona.

The question is, I should also integrate the Little Yellow Train from Latour de Carol to Perpignan, or the reverse route.

Like:
Bordeaux-Perpignan-Latour de Carol-Barcelona or,
Bordeaux-Latour de Carol-Perpignan-Barcelona

Rule: Perpignan-Latour de Carol or Latour de Carol-Perpignan should be daytime. Complete itinerary may include a night train.

Thanks in advance! :)

Follow this topic
Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 11 years ago

Hej,

this trip is not possible within one day...also, I cant see any reasonable night train which would help you...

What is your overall route, maybe you can fit the route in on your way back?

Flo 8)

Userpic

erkuty
Traveller
3 comments

replied 11 years ago

Thanks Flow!

Best option seems to be a stay in Perpignan and enjoy the Pyrenees the next day.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to come back again.

My Route is: .....- Brussels - Paris - [b]Bordeaux - Barcelona[/b] - Madrid - Lisbon - Porto - Braga

We will hopefully enjoy champions League match: Braga - Galatasaray and the next day we will go to Marseille by plane.

Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 11 years ago

OK, then the best option indeed is to stay overnight in Perpignan.

I recommend to then take this connection from Perpignan to Barcelona:

Perpignan 0829 - 0929 Villefranche
Villefranche 1000 - 1323 Latou de Carol
Latour de Carol 1345 - 1643 Barcelona Sants

:arr: [u]https://rail.cc/blog/little-yellow-train-video/[/u]

Attention, there are construction works in November with bus replacement service: :arr: [u]http://telechargement.ter-sncf.com/Images/Languedoc_Roussillon/Tridion/affiche_v2_travaux_villefranche_latour_de_carol_novembre_2012_tcm-22-81395.pdf[/u]

Flo 8)

Userpic

erkuty
Traveller
3 comments

replied 11 years ago

Thanks Flow!

Construction seems to end on Nov, 22, right? I am planning to be there on Dec, 3. I hope it will be on train, but I know that the bus follows the same route, so it will still be great. And a positive point behind using bus instead a train: Change is always good. :)

Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 11 years ago

Hej,

yes, if you are there on December 3rd, the regular schedule should be in operation again. :)
And although the road runs moreorless via the same route as the railway in many parts of the line, this trip is one you should really do by train. :) Ideally with the original, +100 years old rolling stock, but I cannot predict which trains are operated by these and which by newer EMU.

Flo 8)