Userpic

aarti444
Traveller
0 comments

Posted 11 years ago

hi.

i am in san sebastian and wants to travel to milano/ bologna by train/ bus using the cheapest option available. ideally flight is the cheapest option but since my passport is with UK embassy , i m not sure if i can travel by air using my Spanish student resident card issued by spain. i read in all the airline websites that i would need to show my passport as travel document since i m non EU national.

i m open to explore the option from barcelona as well. i guess there is a night train from barcelona to milano as well. but cant find the train station details. request you to help.
thanks alot

Follow this topic
Userpic

NatureOne
Traveller
273 comments

replied 11 years ago

A possible way might be:
San Sebastian - Hendaye via Euskotren
Hendaye - Nice via night train: [u]http://www.intercites.sncf.com/resources/LigneFiche/246/FichePdf.pdf[/u] ~120€ (normal Price)
Nice - Ventimiglia 7,10€
Nice - Milano 9-28€
because of the depatures of the night train you may use a connection via Bordeaux (TER) or via Paris.
The connection to Barcelona is about 65€. The price for the night train is:
Preferente: 139.00
Cama Turista Familiar: 157.00
Cama G. Clase Doble Familiar: 290.00
Cama Preferen Individual: 341.00
Cama G. Clase Individual: 423.00

So as you mentioned the easiest way might be a flight:
train: San Sebastian to Zaragoza:
Turista: 31.10
Preferente: 41.20
From Zaragoza you can take a flight by ryanair (starts at 12€) to Bergamo. From Bergamo you can take a train to Milano (~5€)
I think you won't be able to use your Students card, because it's no passport. Whats up with you passport, I didn't get it. What's you citizenship? Are you from the UK? The UK is a memeber of the EU, that should not be a problem.

You may also go back to San Sebastian? :) So you may buy a Interrail/Eurail Ticket (5 in 10) is about 175€. If you are from the UK you can buy an Interrail Ticket. You can use the night train (reservation ~18€) for a sleeper. Reservation Ventimiglia - Milano (3€).
Via Barcelona: San Sebastian - Barcelona (reservation ~10€). Barcelona - Milano (~50€ with IR-Pass for a seat).

Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 11 years ago

Hej,

you should have a valid ID with you anyway!

Flo 8)

Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1334 comments

replied 11 years ago

right-as you at least gave that esential piece of info-you are NOT allowed to travel in any case out of Espana without your passpt-which should have the right to stay in Schengen area in it.
CHEAP is the way via France-search for any direct Bordeaux-Nice PREM ticket ( [ux]https://rail.shop/sncf[/ux] ). The route via Barca will cost more. As youth <26 you can at least get25% off French railfares-only offpeak times.