Userpic

andrewtrain
Traveller
20 comments

Posted 11 years ago

Hi :D
I'm thinking of backpacking in croatia and bosnia next year, and i came across with the zagreb-Sarajevo night train. I was wondering if i could catch it with the Croatia One country Pass, or if i would have to pay full fare.

Thanks,
ANDREW :D

Follow this topic
Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 11 years ago

Hej,

well of course you can use the train within Croatia, for the part within Bosnia and Herzegowina you would have to pay full fare.
But anyway, most likely this train will be suspended next year, only the day train will remain.

Flo 8)

Userpic

andrewtrain
Traveller
20 comments

replied 11 years ago

Ok Thanks!

ANDREW

Userpic

ardeeay
Traveller
99 comments

replied 11 years ago

Hi

It does seem from both OBB and DBahn Route Planner sites that the night train from Zagreb to Sarejevo and vv. has been discontinued even though it still appears on the railcc Connections listing for these cities. Is there any possibility that the night services will be reinstated by May-June 2013?

Cheers

Richard

Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 11 years ago

Hej Richard,

as you might know we have to edit and update all connections and night trains manually which always takes us some time - sorry. ;)
The night train indeed has been discontinued, as have been many other international trains to/from Zagreb, sadly. :(

Honestly I dont believe that the train will resume in summer, but you never know. Currently I would not plan with the train.

Flo 8)

Userpic

ardeeay
Traveller
99 comments

replied 11 years ago

Hi Flow
You have confirmed what I had thought. I now will not plan on using that train and may have to cut out Sarajevo completely.

Cheers

Richard

Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 11 years ago

Unfortunately, Sarajevo has lost most international connections, apart from the night train to Zagreb also the day trains to Beograd and Budapest have been withdrawn.