Userpic

bahadr
Traveller
2 comments

Posted 11 years ago

Hello everyone =)

I have a question about some route. I will finish my trip in barcelona and i have a flight in basel europort at 14:00. I'm looking for a night train barcelona to basel. Supplements make me exhausted =( can anyone help me on this route ? easiest and lowest cost are important :)

Follow this topic
Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 11 years ago

Hi,

are you travelling by rail pass? When are you travelling?

I'd say your best option is regional train to Cerbere, then night train to Mulhouse and regional train to Basel.

Flo 8)

Userpic

bahadr
Traveller
2 comments

replied 11 years ago

hello

i have a global pass. im gonna travel 17th september night. But cerbere to strasbourg night train works only weekends :'( where should i finish trip instead of barcelona? I dont wanna go to basel before my flight day ( 18th september)

i found Latour de Carol to paris night train and then paris to basel ( TGV Lyria ). But can i make a reservation these trains in spain ? i dont think that TGV Lyria supplements will be 9euro last 1-2 days. I know Lyria has limited cheapest seat. :'(

Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 11 years ago

OK, then go to Paris (either from Latour de Carol or from Cerbere) by nighttrain. Then, you dont have to go with Lyria, you can also use domestic TGV to either Mulhouse or Strasbourg, then continue with regional train (TER) to Basel. :)

Userpic

bahadr
Traveller
2 comments

replied 11 years ago

thank you for your helping me =)

i'll find a way as you said :)

Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 11 years ago

No problem.

So, make your reservation for the night train to Paris at the station in Barcelona Sants (you can of course try to get it at other stations during your trip as well; reclininig seat should be 6€, couchette ~20€).
You can also ask for the TGV reservation there, however, if they cant/dont want to sell it to you in Barcelona, or if they ask you more than 6€, then get your reservation in Paris at a ticket machine as described here :arr: [u]https://rail.cc/en/interrail-train-reservation/tgv-sncf/42#p13819[/u]

Flo 8)