Userpic

cicada
Traveller
6 comments

Posted 11 years ago

Hello everyone,
Tomorrow (11Aug) I'll be taking a train from berlin to stockholm. It will be a long journey and I have two transfer points Hamburg and Cophenhagen. With Hamburg everything is fine I know the platform that train will depart and have enough time but for Copenhagen (koebenhavn h) I only have 12 minutes of transfer time and no information about where my train will arrive or which platform the next one is going to depart. I know copenhagen station is a large one and I'll be carrying a heavy luggage(I can roll it but still) Is there a chance that someone could give me an information to prevent me running like a headless chicken? It is the x2 542 (14:29 from kobenhavn) train I know that sj operates it but couldn't find any information on their site, I nought the ticket from bahn.de.

Thanks!

Follow this topic
Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9332 comments

replied 11 years ago

Hi.
Usually you just ask the staff in the train. They will know it. :)
So have a nice trip and I hope you bought your ticket directly here via the Bahn-railcc website: [ux]https://rail.shop/bahn[/ux] (same price for you, but a small commission for railcc to keep this forum running. Thank you!).
Peter :)

Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 11 years ago

Hi,

as far as I know there are no fix platforms in Kobenhavn H since the station is bustling and operating on ints capacity limit. Normally, it should no problem to look for your connecting train and change to the appropriate platform via the main hall.
However, I think that the Snabbtag services to Sweden often depart from track 26, which is to the opposite side from the main hall! In this case you should stay at the end of the train since walking distance is a few hundred metres. Location is: 55.670745,12.566814
If you stay at the back of the train you could also use the road bridge to change platforms instead of going to the main hall. But as Peter said, ask the staff if they can tell you where to go.

Flo 8)

Userpic

Tomthebear
Traveller
138 comments

replied 11 years ago

I don`t know for the platform at Copenhagen, but it`s really a very busy place. But the DSB-staff is very friendly and happy to help you!