Userpic

Rikkes
Traveller
1 comments

Posted 11 years ago

Hi

I am in amsterdam, and my plan was to leave now, and go to prague.
unfortunately this seems to be impossible, as everything is sold out for the nighttrain aswell as the daytrain tomorrow and every train untill wensday. I really want to leave today, or tommorrow morning, but preferable as soon as possible. My question is - The connection from amstersdam - prague leaving 8 am arriving 7 pm, says here at railcc that a resevation is possible, but not necessary. but when i asked in the information and at the ticket sale, they said that it was impossible to go to prague before wednesday, even with other connections. so i was wondering, can i bord the train from amsterdam without a resevation and just sit on the floor or are there any other ways to go to prague. i don't care if it takes 20 hours i just wanna leave.

I hope u can help me\

Rikke

Follow this topic
Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9332 comments

replied 11 years ago

Hi Rikke.
The information you got from this information desk (did they really give you this information - I can't believe it) is definitely WRONG!!! And again a good example: never thrust the information you get at some train stations, buy your ticket at railcc to support us and at the same time get the real and correct information. :)

The day train connection between Amsterdam and Prague is definitely FREE! Just enter the train and sit down. You can even sit on a seat if you find a free one. Maybe you have to change sometimes during the trip, but not sit all the time on the floor. :)

Have a nice trip, Peter :)

Userpic

Rikkes
Traveller
1 comments

replied 11 years ago

Hi peter. Thanks for your answer, just saved my day. I asked two different places, both told me that there were no way to go to either Berlin pr prague before wedensday. But again, thanks, this website has turned out to be a big help on my trip. // rikke

Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1345 comments

replied 11 years ago

yesterday, that sun 15, I used the BERlin train here in NL-and it was pretty full of many young IR+EUrail types-all longing to get their dose of dope here in AMS.
NS=the Dutch rail earns nothing from just making REServations-even if they also charge an addititonal 10€ to do that you saved that too!) and in fact rather not have all those ignorant not-knowing young people jamming their tiny offices they have left.
In a year or so all ticket-sales points will have gone and you need a working chipcard to enter a big station.