Userpic

bill6505
Traveller
0 comments

Posted 11 years ago

Hi there,

I'm planning a eurotrip for me and 2 mates for 10 nights. We're all 21 and we like pubs/clubs as well as more cultural stuff, especially classical and jazz concerts. I'm also a big fan of trams! (and more unusual transport like cable-cars, cog-wheel railways etc).

Our current plan is:

Day 1-3 Amsterdam (arrive mid-afternoon on day 1 by plane)
Overnight CityNight Line train from Amsterdam - Prague (gives us more time in the cities during the day)
Day 4-6 Prague
Day 6 (arrive afternoon) - Day 8 Vienna
Day 8 (arrive early afternoon) - Day 11 Budapest

Flight back from Budapest is early evening.

Does that itinerary sound good? Alternatively we could do Leipzig instead of Amsterdam. Was originally going to do Berlin instead of Amsterdam but the plane times are at awkward times!

Do you think we'll have enough time in each city or should we maybe miss one out? Also was planning on just buying point-to-point tickets rather than an interrail pass so we don't have to worry about supplements etc and it might work out cheaper anyway - the sleeper train in particular looks good value - is that a good idea?

Many thanks in advance,

Bill

Follow this topic
Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9332 comments

replied 11 years ago

Hi Bill.
If you want to compare Interrail to point to point tickets, you will have to do the research by yourself and check the websites of the national railway companies. As prices are different from date to date, simply not possible to do it for you. And on this route, you can easily travel with Interrail. No complicate reservation fees. :)

As you have 5 travel days in 10 days, you could also travel:
Amsterdam - Berlin - Dresden (only as day stop) - Prague - (Krakow - skip it if to much travel) - Vienna - Budapest

Schedules are here with details about extra fees: [u]https://rail.cc/en/search-interrail-route[/u]

If you travel like you told the route Amsterdam - (Berlin) - Prague - Vienna - Budapest, you can do it all without extra reservations.

And don't forget, if you like railcc, support us with your Interrail pass purchase here: [ux]https://rail.shop/interrail[/ux]
:)

Peter :)