Userpic

FreezeDriedPop
Traveller
2 comments

Posted 11 years ago

Hey I think i've got my basic itinerary planned and sorted with 30 days to head to the following:

Paris > Amsterdam > Berlin > Prague > Vienna > Budapest > Belgrade > Zagred

Once i've got to Zagred i'd like to look at more of Croatia such as Zahar, Dubrovnik, Split (I think this all comes under the term Dalmatian Coast).

As I understand it there's not much in the way of trains in this area and i'll have to get buses (and ferries?) everywhere, this is fine but where can I find route planners and timetables for the buses?

Also, where is the best place to get a flight back to London? If my interrail pass runs out while i'm still Croatia will I be able to keep going for a few extra days just using the buses and still be able to make it to the airport via a bus?

Follow this topic
Userpic

anonymous
Traveller
2467 comments

replied 11 years ago

Timetable for busses from/to dubrovnik:
www.libertasdubrovnik.com/voznired.pdf

Dubrovik has also an airport. But i don't know times of flights to london

Userpic

biljana
Traveller
5 comments

replied 11 years ago

You have train from Zagreb to Split...

Zagreb Glavni Kolod.Tu, 03.07.12 dep 23:20
Split We, 04.07.12 arr 08:10

Zagreb Glavni Kolod.We, 04.07.12 dep 00:20
Split We, 04.07.12 arr 09:26

Zagreb Glavni Kolod.We, 04.07.12 dep 07:50
Split We, 04.07.12 arr 14:09

And buses you have a lot... you can check them here [u]http://akz.hr/default.aspx?id=260[/u]

yes, you can arrive with bus to airport... from where do you need bus to which airport?

Userpic

FreezeDriedPop
Traveller
2 comments

replied 11 years ago

Cheese that website looks useful, so I am right in thinking then that I should be able to bus it anywhere without to much problem? Or are there some places I won't be able to get to without a bus (along the coast)

Also I have no preference on which airport as I haven't booked a return flight home. Just need to make sure there are some in Croatia and are accessible via bus if my interrail has run out.

Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1346 comments

replied 11 years ago

to the utter dismay of todays youth- not all that may be online, why should it anyway? Even in FR some of its departements keep their ''horaires des transports autocar'' as a big secret!
along the coast there are buses about ev hour-but their starts/destinations differ per trip. In HR the bus is (MUCH more as the few trains) the means of choice for locals to go- Zag-SPL has buses (via that Plitvice - [u]https://rail.cc/en/plitvice-lakes/train/c[/u] - or bypassing) 2/hour, so that should relieve most of your worries. It is not that cheap and you pay per trip-in busstations (autobusni kolodvor) at windows-with reserved seats. You also pay for luggage in the booth under - a few € in HRK
-to the conductor.tipically a good travelguidebook has the basic details for that. Which would be blindly obvious in times before this www.
Also: some helpful souls from there- check for the separate Croatia=Hrvatska part more lower in this forum, has posted some details and links. and you can try busstation.net or nahverkehrwegweiser.com (its german/swiss-but works with maps, so that should even help out without knowing much of that lingo