Userpic

Keve6900
Traveller
0 comments

Posted 11 years ago

Hi everybody.....
I am right now with my girlfriend on an interrail trip, which is awesome so far. My problem/question is now, how I can book abo forfait 2e tickets at the renfe station, is this possible? We want/have to leave on Monday morning (2 July) and the train connection would be Barcelona - Figueras Villafant - Paris - Basel. Is this possible in Figueras Villafant? The abo forfait 2e tickets were great and we had no problem to go from Basel to Paris and after to Biarritz. If I can't make this TGV reservations at RENFE what I have for opportunities? If I just enter the train, do we need to pay just the 18 Euros on board reservations and can stay? The problem is, that I need to be back on monday night so I also don't care to be these 5 hours just in the bistro wagon.. :) )

I would be very happy to get fast feedbacks and it would be really appreciated.

Thx

Kevin

Follow this topic
Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1346 comments

replied 11 years ago

no-forfait not possible in ES at stations. you should be able to-if the RENFE clerk has the capabilities and wish to do so(not garanteed) to make ''normal'' IR-style REServations @6€-or the 18 when sold out.
for a TGV you MUST have a kind of REServation to baord-in fact in many gares they have control checks now-or for some busy trains-and they wont admit you without.
In FR-as you have noted, you can easily make the FF at the yellow machiens-as these are not quota-controlled, you always have a fair chance at gaining them. You make up your mind about the risks.
BTW-there should be ample new trains more direct to Basel (or do you want to stay in Paris)-it makes no sense going via paris in 1 day-they have opened the new TGV route linking LYon to Belfort/Mulhouse.

Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 11 years ago

Hej Kevin,

I would go the old route along the coast, first to Cerbère, then to Perpignan, from where TGV run to Paris. From Cerbère on you are on SNCF territory and can get the Abo Forfait reservations - they would not work on trains via Figueres anyway as these are international TGV where Abo Forfait reservations are not possible.

Flo 8)