Userpic

Ninhas
Traveller
20 comments

Posted 11 years ago

Hi!

I can't seem to find this anywhere!
Where do I book or buy the ticket for the Elipsos night train from Barcelona to Milan WITH the Interrail disccount?

Every site (Elipsos, Renfe, TGV, etc...) only shows prices above 100€ and it's suppose to be arround 50€!

Did anyone took this train? How did you do?
Please please help me!

Follow this topic
Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 11 years ago

Buy it at a station - the standard procedure to get reservations. :)

Userpic

Ninhas
Traveller
20 comments

replied 11 years ago

Flow but I'm just in Barcelona in the day I want to leave and as I have other things booked ahead I really can't risk that in that day there are no seats available. So I really wanted to book/buy the seat ahead.

Just checked with the portuguese rail station here and they don't sell it or book it.

So I guess I have to rethink my plans or book a low coast flight since I can't really go without the train booked because it's right in the beggining of the trip and could mess everything up...

The Germany company (DB Bahn I think) some say that could be donne with that and they maybe sent it at some price, but I don't really know if that's the best option.

Do you know any other way to book Elipsos from outside Spain? I'm in Portugal.
And have you ever travel with your interrailbackpack in a plane? I'm thinking about taking a Easyjet flight...but the bags won't fit the cabin, they will have to go apart from us is that safe with those kind of bags?

Thanks.

Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 11 years ago

Hi,

that's a pity - where have you been? Did you try to CP office at Rossio?

You can try and phone DB > +49 180 5 99 66 33 I have no personal experience but I think they would ship the ticket to Portugal - and they defnitely are able to get this reservation.

Anyway, why not travel along the Mediterranean coast and make an extra stop somewhere, in Nice for example?

If you choose to fly, I dont see a problem with your backpack if you pay for it as regular luggage. Just turn the straps around the front of the backpack and fix all loose straps. :)

Flo 8)

Userpic

Ninhas
Traveller
20 comments

replied 11 years ago

Thanks Flo.

To do it by DB Bahn I'm afraid it's going to be more expensive because they have shipping coasts...
Along the Mediterranean coast I kind of loose 2 interrail days and don't really want to loose them just travelling even thought I would like to see Nice, I think it's a easy destination to go other time since it's kind of near...

I was worried about taking the bag in the airplane because I have to check it (even started a post about that) but I think it will be the best option...

Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 11 years ago

Maybe this helps...? [u]https://rail.cc/en/spain-renfe-online-reservation-how-to/f4995[/u]

Userpic

Ninhas
Traveller
20 comments

replied 11 years ago

Probably going by plane since this train is too expensive and giving to many troubles to book it, but as I have to look to every posibillity I'll try that thank you so much :)