Userpic

anonymous
Traveller
2467 comments

Posted 11 years ago

Hi,

In some days I have to catch a plane that's leaving Zurich early in the morning. I arrive there on the night before.

So, I don't have where to sleep, and I wouldn't like to spend money. I can't find information about sleeping in the airport, so I suppose it's not possible.

Do you know something or some place in Zurich where I can spend the night (i'm with a friend)? It can be anywhere, as long as it's safe. :D

Many thanks in advance!

Follow this topic
Userpic

Hetman
Traveller
364 comments

replied 11 years ago

well, i dont know any accommodation (especially cheap) in Zurich BUT why can you take a train and make some little night adventure?
i have found out for you simple route to do during the-night-between.

i propose you to take train to Innsbruck (at 22:40 from main station), spend there a moment(1 hour and 27 minutes), and come back to Zurich(dep at 03:40, arr at 07:20 to main station); and 20 minutes for travel from air port<->main station.

well, is it cheap? from 178euro(return) for one person in 2nd class or 206euro for 6 person couchette, so no, it isnt. but you can see something new and do something crazy!

moreover, the train has nice name Wiener Waltzer. in this price you cant find any cheap place to sleep with so exciting name! so start to save money and dont waste you time for sleeping in hotels!!

i hope this kind of answer you expected after asking on a rail forum ;)

Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1336 comments

replied 11 years ago

google for sleepinginairprts.org
AFAICR there are some reviews-maybe old-about people staying overnite there. do NOT expect to ''sleep'' though-but can sit.
sites like couchsurfing, hospitalityworld should be known if you ask about cheap places to stay.