Userpic

anonymous
Traveller
2467 comments

Posted 11 years ago

Help!
My Boyfriend and i are travelling Romania-Bulgaria-Greece-Italy-France in July.
I manage to reserve train seats in Bulgaria, Italy and France. And I know i would need to buy a bus ticket to travel from Sofia to Thessaloniki ( I can do that when we are at Sofia, i suppose?)
But i can not find a way to reserve seats online for Tirgu Mures-Brasov , Brasov-Bucharest and Thessaloniki-Athens (return), does that mean i would need to do that at the station?

Follow this topic
Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 11 years ago

Hi,

yes, just get the reservation at a station while you're travelling. No need to do that now. :)

Do you already have some reservations? Where did you book them?

Flo 8)

Userpic

anonymous
Traveller
2467 comments

replied 11 years ago

I got Bucharest-Sofia (£6), Turin-Modane (i think about £27), Modane-Lyon(no extra cost), Lyon-Paris (no extra cost)
from
-removed-

And Venice-Turin (20 euro to reserve for 2)
from
trenitalia.com

I was planning to travel from Venice-Paris directly, but interail does not include that route (i think not from italy to france :| , i read it from somewhere), you would need to buy the full price ticket. So i break it down to Venice-Turin,Turin-Modane(full price ticket), Modane-Lyon, Lyon-Paris and stop at Lyon for a night, it works out much cheaper than direct Venice-Paris (including the hotel for 1 night in Lyon!)

Back to my question... would they still have seats to reserve if i book on the date?
Thanks !! :D

Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 11 years ago

Hej,

we don't recommend the first company you mentioned ... :|

Anyway, Bucuresti - Sofia is much cheaper bought locally; to go Torino - Modane with regular trains is a good option...honestly, it is a scandal that InterRail/EuRail is not valid on the trains Italy - France anymore, since all these trains are operated by companies where SNCF and Trenitalia hold shares... :(
Umm...I see you are from Hongkong, so you would need a EuRail ticket :arr: [u]https://rail.cc/en/eurail[/u]

For all other trains, just buy the reservations while you are travelling at a station. No need to do this online now. The trains wont be fully booked.

Flo 8)

Userpic

anonymous
Traveller
2467 comments

replied 11 years ago

Big Thanks :D !
And don't worry, i have lived in UK for 4 years now;so i can use Interail .

Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 11 years ago

OK then. :)