Userpic

jlh123jlh123
Traveller
1 comments

Posted 11 years ago

Hi,

Me and my partner have tried to book two reservations for the CNL 457 from Amsterdam to Berlin.

The process goes fine until once I have chosen to get the tickets online it says that it requires a bahn.bonus Card, BahnCard, credit card, ec card (Maestro) or personal identity card. We are English and so have none of these. How would I go about booking this train?

Thanks in advance,

Jack

Follow this topic
Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 11 years ago

Hej Jack,

I would select personal identity card and use your passport as personal ID card. I think CNL staff should accept that as well (although I think they wont check it anyway).

Flo 8)

Userpic

jlh123jlh123
Traveller
1 comments

replied 11 years ago

Hi,

That is what I thought, but I have to select a country for the identity card to be from and the UK is not one of the options.

Do you think it would be better buying the ticket when I arrive in Amsterdam in person? Or is this train likely to be fully booked on the night of the 23rd if I don't reserve them before the 22nd say?

Thanks.

p.s. I probably should've noted that I'm using a global interrail pass?

Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 11 years ago

Oh. :|

Humm, well, I dont know if it is good idea to just fill in any country plus your passport number then. I think there are some DB agencies in central London where you could get your reservation as well. But I dont know if they charge a commission.

You can of course buy the reservation in Amsterdam as well, but they will charge you an extra booking fee there; on peak dates it also can happen that the train is fully booked, you can check for free seats with the DB reservation tool. For instance, there are still seats and couchettes available for today, for tomorrow only couchettes are left.

Anway, maybe you should take a day train anyway, since arrival in Berlin is quite early at 0426 or so.

Flo 8)