Userpic

jonadona18
Traveller
3 comments

Posted 11 years ago

Hi again i'm trying to book the reservation for my train from Paris to Barcelona for the 12th June.
From the SNCF website i can book a night train to Portbou which is 20E but then that doesn't arrive in Portbou till about 11am. I was wondering how regular/expensive the train from Portbou to Barcelona is?

Thanks.

Follow this topic
Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 11 years ago

Hi,

if you want to support our work here at railcc, please use this link to book your ticket - the price will be the same but we get a little provision to keep the servers running. :)
:arr: [u]https://rail.cc/en-ticket-offers/sncf-train-tickets-for-france/france/28[/u]

Portbou - Barcelona run trains approx every hour, travel time to BCN is ~2h15/~2h40, depending on train type. Regular price is ~12€/~16€ for the slow/fast train.

Flo 8)

Userpic

jonadona18
Traveller
3 comments

replied 11 years ago

Thanks for that and i have been already :)
Just wondering where you found that Portbou Barcelona runs every hour because as far as i can see there are only 2 connections a day..

Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 11 years ago

These regional services are not included in regular schedule planners. You will find them either in the Thomas Cook European Rail Timetable or online at the website of RENFE. :)

Userpic

jonadona18
Traveller
3 comments

replied 11 years ago

Ah perfect just found them, thanks alot!
Just booked those and one last question. We are then making are way to madrid and then to Lisbon. As far as booking a night train to Lisbon would you recommend doing it once we are in Spain because i've read you can't really buy Spanish train tickets online?

Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1324 comments

replied 11 years ago

that latter is now nonsense-you can, but it is not that easy as f.e. on CD or DB. PLus they seem to be quite picky on what type of Cred cards they take. Plus-that in most cases you only get a code-you have to go to any ticketwindow or special machine to first retrieve/print the realticket-obviously this can only be done in ES itself.

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9330 comments

replied 11 years ago

Hi.

New: RENFE point to point tickets for Spain which you buy in the railcc shop will be send to you as e-ticket to print it out by yourself: [u]https://rail.cc/en-ticket-offers/renfe-train-tickets-for-spain/spain/29[/u]
Optionally you can also print them out at a ticket machine in Spain with a code you get.

Reservations for Rail Pass travellers (which is your case) are sent by letter to you. NO reservations as e-tickets.

Peter :)