Userpic

skipaudio
Traveller
2 comments

Posted 11 years ago

I am american and have a german girlfriend. can I buy the Italy saver pass? B/c it says non-EU cannot use eurail, but if i am american, can i travel with a german on the saver pass?
Thanks,
Jay

Follow this topic
Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 11 years ago

Hej Jay,

that does not work. You will have to get two separate passes - one EuRail and one InterRail pass. Anyway, in your profil it says that you are currently in Belfast? If you have spent long enough there (6 months) you would be eligible for an InterRail pass as well.

Flo 8)

Userpic

skipaudio
Traveller
2 comments

replied 11 years ago

thanks for you reply. I actually have been living in carlisle, UK. its just that the eurail is significantly cheaper :(

and inter-rail do not do the saver option that eurail does... or does it??

Jay

Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 11 years ago

Hej,

no the saver option is only available with EuRail. Since you have been living in the UK, you will have to get InterRail anyway, at least offically. That depends on your passport/visa situation.

Where are you going that ER is significantly cheaper than IR?

Flo 8)

Userpic

skipaudio
Traveller
2 comments

replied 11 years ago

xxxxx

if you go there and click 2nd class saver its 147 euro per person and i think the italy pass in inter rail is 180 euro per person... maybe its not that much of a significant difference..

Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 11 years ago

I removed the link - [b]we are not their support[/b]! If you want to support the work here on railcc, please purchase from our partner :arr: [ux]https://rail.shop/interrail[/ux]
Thank you! :)

Umm...why would you buy a saver pass anyway if you are under 26?