Userpic

b0r4cks
Traveller
1 comments

Posted 12 years ago

hello

I'm looking for a train from budapest to istanbul! ım studing in szekesvehervar and semester will finish 16th of May! so I can go back toistanbul around 17-19May. the thing is I have never been in a train for go abroad thats why ı have no idea what can ı do? could you tell me whick route is better go to istanbul for me? and what about the prices? as ı say to you ım student.. :) and the worst thing is I had a flight ticket for go back to turkey but unfortunately Malev airlines is bankrupt! so please give some advice to me. thank you

Follow this topic
Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9332 comments

replied 12 years ago

Hi.
If you want to travel this journey by train, do it the following way:

[b]Budapest - Belgrade[/b]: special prices available from EUR 15
[u]https://rail.cc/en/train/budapest-to-belgrade[/u]

[b]Belgrade to Istanbul[/b]: direct train EUR 67 in sleeper - cheaper tickets available.
[u]https://rail.cc/en/train/belgrade-to-istanbul[/u]

Peter :)

Userpic

b0r4cks
Traveller
1 comments

replied 12 years ago

thank you for your advice Peter. but the thing is Where can ı ticket for Belgrad to istanbul? thank you

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9332 comments

replied 12 years ago

Hi.
Try it in Budapest - but I am not sure if you can get the ticket here.
Usually you have to buy it in Belgrade.
The international tickets are available on the left site of the railway station (looking from the central building to the rail tracks).
Peter :)

Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 12 years ago

I think the best will be to buy a Belgrad Special ticket in Budapest and a regular ticket Belgrad - Istanbul at the station in Belgrad. As Peter said, do this at the Wasteels office beside the main entrance (left side of the entrance). Dont forget that you will also need a reservation (currently only a couchette car is running to Istanbul) and that the train does not run through to Istanbul due to track works - you will have to change to a bus at the border station of Kapikule early morning.