Userpic

anonymous
Traveller
2467 comments

Posted 12 years ago

Hi there interrailers!

Me and my friend are in Krakow, on ERASMUS program. This easter holidays we're going to visit 4 countrys (Hungary, Austria, Czech Replublic and Germany). We bought an interrail pass with 5 trips in 10 days. My question is - Now what? How does this works?

1) - Do i have to buy tickets train or this pass is enough to travell through the europe?
2) - Every time that i'll travell by train it counts like 1 trip?
3) - This interrail pass allows me to travell in all kind of trains?
4) - How does the night trains works?

For now i've no more questions!

Thanks a lot and good trips :D !
(sorry for my bad english)

Follow this topic
Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 12 years ago

Hi!

1) The InterRail pass is your train ticket. You only need extra reservations on certain trains.
2) No, with a 5in10 pass you have 5 travel days within a 10 day period. You can travel as much as you want on each travel day from 0000 until 2359.
3) In all trains of the participating railway companies.
4) Usually you need a reservation, at least for more comfortable couchette and sleeper accomodation. For regular seats you sometimes need a reservation, sometimes not. With the 5in10 pass you can make use of the 1900 rule for night trains.

Have a look here :arr: [u]https://rail.cc/en/first-time-interrail[/u] for basic information.

Flo 8)

Userpic

anonymous
Traveller
2467 comments

replied 12 years ago

Hi there again!

I'm sorry but i didn't understand the second answer. Can you give a pratical example?

And about that 1900 rule, how does it works, or were i can find information about it?

Thanks again

Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 12 years ago

Hi!

With the 5in10 pass you get a ticket which is valid on 10 consecutive days (these have to be entered when purchasing the ticket). Within this 10 days period you can choose five days on which you have unlimited travel in all 30 InterRail countries (these days have to be entered manually while travelling).
One travel day is from 0000 to 2359, during that time you can freely use every train of the participating railway companies (all state railways plus several private companies). However for some trains (eg high speed and night trains) and extra reservation might be required.
The 1900 rule says that you can enter a night train after 1900 on a day which is not marked as travel day if the following day is a travel day.

Follow the link above and you should find all basic information needed (follow the links there as well!). :)

Flo 8)

Userpic

anonymous
Traveller
2467 comments

replied 12 years ago

Thanks a lot for your help!

:D