Userpic

Shocko
Traveller
1 comments

Posted 12 years ago

Hi

I need to travel from Prague to Istanbul leaving Prague on the 24th Feb. I understand that I need to go to Belgrade and from there take a 24 hour train to Istanbul.

But I am unable to book a ticket for that part of the journey? They say they are not sure if the train is running and also that I can't purchase a ticket online before hand.

Could somebody let me know if the train is still running and how I can buy a ticket for the journey. I would like to book a sleeper on the train too.

Thanks

Shocko

Follow this topic
Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9333 comments

replied 12 years ago

Hi.

My information is that you can't book this train online. You have to do it at a railway station, for example in Prague.

Current information is: the train Belgrade - Sofia - Istanbul is running. Due to the renovation of the railway tracks in and around Istanbul, you will have to change to a bus at the Bulgarian-Turkish border. The bus is included in your train ticket.
:arr: [u]https://rail.cc/en/turkey/xtr[/u]

Peter :)

Userpic

Shocko
Traveller
1 comments

replied 12 years ago

Great, thanks Peter. So I will be able to book the whole journey in Prague railway station and not have to wait until I get to Belgrade? Do you know roughly how much the whole journey will cost?

Thanks again

Shocko

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9333 comments

replied 12 years ago

You should try it in Prague. But no guarantee. It sometimes depends on the staff if experienced and in the mood to sell it. ;)

[b]Prague to Belgrade[/b]: offers from ~ EUR 75
Standard ticket: ~ EUR 130 - [ux]https://rail.shop/cd[/ux]

[b]Belgrade - Istanbul[/b]: ~ EUR 50
Plus the type of cabin:
3-berth - EUR 18
2-berth - EUR 30
1-berth - EUR 60

Standard ticket Belgrade - Sofia: ~ EUR 50

Peter :)

Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1391 comments

replied 12 years ago

No-IF bought in Bgrad-the ticket only as far as Sof cost about 20 eur.
Consider the much cheaper buses Sofia-Istanbul now-about 20/25 eur and much faster and no break in the mid of night due to train->bus. From in front of main statioon or the left side=busstation in Sof.