Userpic

gohsihui89
Traveller
0 comments

Posted 12 years ago

I am currently based in Eindhoven, Netherlands. I would like to travel to Munich followed by Berlin on 23 March. From what I checked, the best way is to take the CNL from Amsterdam. The price I saw was 49Euro (the best offer).

However, I was reading some step-by-step guide that tells me to select Book only extra charge. When I select this option, the price becomes even lower (depending on whether I select with pass or without). Can I ask what does it mean when we select book only extra charge?

I do not have any Eurail passes or whatsoever. No intention to get yet as I'm only travelling to Munich and Berlin for a short weekend getaway.

Follow this topic
Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9331 comments

replied 12 years ago

Hi.
Yes, the night train is a very good option - and also an inexpensive one! :)
Book only extra charge: it is the fare for travellers WITH Eurail or Interrail pass as basic ticket.
Peter :)

Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1336 comments

replied 12 years ago

you can board that CNL also in Utrecht=closer by EHV-55 mins and 4 trains/hr. This ticket is extra.
OR you can go- that saves time but needs a little more planning, take the train to venlo-change, buy local ticket to DUSseldorf from machine in hall and book yourself from there=same CNL.
49 eur is the min-for seats (reclining) and wont be available at busy weekends.