Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9333 comments

Posted 13 years ago

[b]From PRAGUE to ZURICH by train.[/b]
How to buy point to point train tickets - online shop. Interrail and Eurail pass travel information. Route from Prague (Czech Republic) to Zurich (Switzerland).

Train connection from [b]Prague to Zurich[/b].

[b]More information[/b]:
[b]Prague - Zurich[/b]: [u]https://rail.cc/en/train/prague-to-zurich[/u]
[b]Zurich - Prague[/b]: [u]https://rail.cc/en/train/zurich-to-prague[/u]

Update: Nov 2016

Follow this topic
Userpic

ascraeus
Traveller
34 comments

replied 11 years ago

db bahn says Basel =Transfer time 13 min. transfer is something different than change trains right? I am a little confused about that. do we have to make the transfer on our own/change trains or it is some kind of their job to do :) connect wagons to other ones? why I am asking is that there were other direct trains that I used from budapest to zürich there were no indication of anything about transfer nor change trains, but there is another indication as transfer.

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9333 comments

replied 11 years ago

Hi.
Which connection exactly?
In Basel there is the Basel SBB station which includes the old Basel SNCF station (the French one). All in the same building. Maybe you use a connection whit change from SBB to SNCF?!? Therefore transfer?!?
Peter :)

Userpic

ascraeus
Traveller
34 comments

replied 11 years ago

Hey Peter, thanks for your immediate reply.
a little copy paste:

Praha hl.n. Tu, 13.08.13 dep 18:29 CNL 458 City Night Line
Basel SBB We, 14.08.13 arr 07:54
Transfer time 13 min.
Basel SBB We, 14.08.13 dep 08:07 ICE 3 Intercity-Express
Zürich HB We, 14.08.13 arr 09:00

also I just figured out that there is nearly no cost difference if you have a interrail ticket or not in balkans. I paid 10€ for reservations with interrail ticket and the guy in the same couchette paid 27€ for the whole ticket :)

also I wonder this train departs like 18:29 so I think I am just going to use the day of departure for the following day I do need to use the other days of my interrail ticket. I mean it is the point when you enter the train not the time when the ticket guy checks it, right?

best.

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9333 comments

replied 11 years ago

Hi.
I don't know why it is called transfer time?!
But the change of train is no problem in Basel.

Yes, In Balkans Interrail is often not worth. Like everywhere: you have to calculate right. I just did a two weeks Scandinavia trip and mixed it: point to point tickets plus 5 in 10 Interrail Adult pass.

If you want to use the night train, you have to fill in the 14.08. as travel date, making use of the 1900h-rule.
Just buy a normal point to point ticket for Prague to Usti nad Labem for about EUR 3,50 - you can sit in the free second class coaches (available on this part of the route). From Usti you official use then the night train (departure 1942h).
Read here for details: [u]https://rail.cc/en/interrail-night-train/prague-zurich-cnl458/39[/u]

Peter :)

Userpic

ascraeus
Traveller
34 comments

replied 11 years ago

ahaha cunning. that is what I was thinking about it is just a total of 30 minute. so does not worth to waste a day for it. :) thanks peter that helps me a lot :) for the transfer time I am just going to ask the teller at the terminal about it.
kind regards.

Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10724 comments

replied 11 years ago

Why would you change in Basel anyway? The CNL runs through all the way to Zürich, arriving at 0917. :)

Userpic

ascraeus
Traveller
34 comments

replied 11 years ago

dunno what is transfer time, I suspect it would be kind of train change as the train names also changed in the schedule. but in any case I will ask those in the terminal about the details. they would definetly know about that.

Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10724 comments

replied 11 years ago

These are two different trains: CNL 458 and ICE 3!

But as mentioned above you can stay on CNL 458 all the way to Zürich.

Userpic

ascraeus
Traveller
34 comments

replied 11 years ago

cnl 456 is the actual train and its a direct one. but unfortunately the conductor guy accidentally wasted another day of my interrail trip just by putting the seal two times in a row... hope it won't be a problem at bern - milan expedition.