Userpic

Norwaydude
Traveller
3 comments

Posted 12 years ago

So this wil be my first shot at using my interrail ticket :))

Going from Amsterdam to berlin:

Checked out the route on DB BHAN :

[b]Amsterdam to berlin [/b]
Departure : Amsterdam Centraal Su, 04.09.11 dep 08:04 4b ICE 105 Intercity-Express
Arival : Duisburg Hbf Su, 04.09.11 arr 10:06 3 Please reserve, Bordbistro

Departure
Duisburg Hbf Su, 04.09.11 dep 11:30 11 IC 2010 Intercity
Berlin Hbf (tief) Su, 04.09.11 arr 15:53 1 Bicycles conveyed - subject to reservation, Number of bicycles conveyed limited, Bordbistro

It' has no R sign on it, so i gues i dont need to reserve any seets and i can just hop on this train?

Follow this topic
Userpic

Norwaydude
Traveller
3 comments

replied 12 years ago

I have also tried to find this route:

[u]https://rail.cc/en/train/-to-[/u]

On the db bahan site. but can't find it :S

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9330 comments

replied 12 years ago

Hi.
Both trains are free of extra fees. Don't take care if there is an R mentioned in the schedule planers or not.
Only relevant information if a reservation is required or not is here: [u]https://rail.cc/en/interrail-train-reservation[/u]
The schedule planer are NOT made for Interrail travellers.
The connection you mentioned is not running on the Sunday you want to travel.
Peter :)

Userpic

Norwaydude
Traveller
3 comments

replied 12 years ago

Thank you so much,

So i can just hop on the train without doing anything before it leves?

Userpic

Hetman
Traveller
364 comments

replied 12 years ago

[quote]So i can just hop on the train without doing anything before it leaves?[/quote]
if you are going to use 5 within 10 days or 10 within 22 days IR Pass you have to have marked the day you are using the Pass. nothing more :)

Userpic

Norwaydude
Traveller
3 comments

replied 12 years ago

[quote][quote]So i can just hop on the train without doing anything before it leaves?[/quote]
if you are going to use 5 within 10 days or 10 within 22 days IR Pass you have to have marked the day you are using the Pass. nothing more :) [/quote]

Thank you :)

Can this be done on the train or just on the station?

Wil be my first day so probably have to mark my 15 day travel card to :D

Userpic

Hetman
Traveller
364 comments

replied 12 years ago

[quote]Can this be done on the train or just on the station?[/quote]

you have to do it before enter the train!

Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1324 comments

replied 12 years ago

basically one has 2 routes for this:
1.the direct trains- run as EC or international IC-from SCHIPHOL-stops at Amsterdam ZUID-Duivendrecht (both on metro)-then HILVERSUM-and on to Berlin in about 6 hrs-runs ev 2 hrs, from Schiphol @ 6.45 and then 8.45-etc.
As most of you seem to think that this town of Amsterdam only has 1 station-which is nonsense, named Centraal; from there you take a domestic yellow+blue train to AMERSFOORT and get of at Hilversum and change-same platf other side-to this train a few mins later.
2.the ICE route in those sleek all-white German trains-ev 2 hrs from AMsterdam CENTR-stops at Utrecht-Arnhem-then Oberhausen in DE, then DUISBURG -and on to Köln and Frankfurt.
At Duisburg change to Berlin train-runs hourly-you may break and see that horrible tunnel where last year Love's parade masses killed such a lot of young people.
None of these trains needs resevration-but the ICE CAN get pretty crowded at peak times and this may mean you find no empty seats-those that seem empty may be reserved from next stop. There have been some reports that sometimes this train at AMS is so crowded by money saving IRers that they get refused entry-like any public transport in this world-if its really full it may mean you have to wait for next one. rare, but does happen.
travel time and to end hardly differs.