Userpic

Shakermaker
Traveller
18 comments

Posted 12 years ago

Hey! :D

I know there are a lot of ways to do it. I just though, im gonna ask you guys whats the best and the quickest way to come to Ljubljana. I will have to days left before my interrail ticket is dead when leaving Barcelona :)

Follow this topic
Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1346 comments

replied 12 years ago

do you want the cheap way-with more chanegs-or the easy way in comfort and pay(a lot) more for sleeper?
In effect there are not that many ways=-routes, but more choices as to what trains to take.
use journeyplanner in this site as first check.
The fastest way will bring you into the direct nighttrain Barca-Milano, which is very expensive in supplmt.
There is just 1 train-overnight, from Venezia via trieste to Lujblj (and on to Zagreb-BPest), so you can work your way backward from that.
Search for many posts here about low-priced alternative trains Barca-Bordr ES/FR=-Cerbere-then via narbonne0-Marseille-Nice-ventimigila-Genova-Bologna/or Milano-Verona on to VNZ. 2 days is about rhe absolute minimum needed.

Userpic

Shakermaker
Traveller
18 comments

replied 12 years ago

hey! ..

well the direct train to Milano is already full. So i will have to take a diffrent route. I was looking Barcelona -Nice and Nice-Milano connection...but there are no night trains..so i would have to find a hostel in Nice for one night and then go to Milano the next morning. Any other alternatives? Im living Barcelona on saturday and my interrail ticket is valid till 28.8- Sunday. From Milan i will go to Venice to catch a night train via Ljubljana/Budapest. So i hope i will be in Ljubljana on monday at 1am...
What to you guys think...???

Thanks! :)

Userpic

Hetman
Traveller
364 comments

replied 12 years ago

may be: Barcelona->Cerbere(night train, corail lunea)-> Mulhouse->Basel->Zurich(night train)-> Ljubljana OR Basel->Zurich/Geneve(with reservetion or by regional train for free)->Milano->...

Userpic

Shakermaker
Traveller
18 comments

replied 12 years ago

ok yeah apparently...the train to Zurich is not driving tommorow/saturday.. So i the lady behing the window said there is a connection to Genova. Barcelona Sants- Figueras - Montpelier- Geneva ( 21:44). So if i will take this train i will have to find a hostel for one night and go to Zurich on Sunday and from there catch Zurich-Ljubljana-zagreb-Beograd train. Am i right? im sorry guys a bit nervous cuze i dont know if im doing the right thing :| So are the frequent connections from Genova - Zurich?? and whats the travel time?
I read that the connection Zurich via Beograd is daily during summer time, is that true? i dont want any more problems in Zurich..

Please, i would appreciate any replay :os