Userpic

mick1992
Traveller
0 comments

Posted 2 days ago

Hello everyone,

I am looking to book the Euronight train between Zurich and Zagreb (EN40465) on the 27/12/2024.
Actually boarding the train in Sargans train station.
I am trying to book the ticket through OBB website and despite it shows the journey there is no option to proceed with the booking.
I have not travelled for a few years with trains in Europe so I am not very familiar navigating the website to see if I am missing any info.

Am I just waiting for a new timetable to come out? Is the route not happening any more? Could be something else?

Anyone with a bit more knowledge can help? Really appreciate it :)

Follow this topic
Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1399 comments

replied 2 days ago

Donbt be so inpatient-WAIT!
In all of EUR train times get adjusted-not, a minute or a lot, on 15/12.
It was always the case that one COULD only book trains from 2 month before date of travel.
BUT for just after that change date its often even later.
Trains are not planes, but it seems nowadays people think that they offer all the same client-friendly mothods.
Trains are run by heavy burocratic state-run ´companies´ who organise it all to their own ideas of how it should be done.
There are quite a few remarks on your same minor problem for NJ trains on this and even various other forums/info-sources

Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
1077 comments

replied 2 days ago

Don't wait!

NLtrainer is so obsessed with his views on nationalised railways that he doesn't bother to read further. The Nightjet website has warning of changes and diversions to this train around your date, notably travel via Graz (which is due to the closure fo the Karwanken Tunnel). Their booking page is already working for the core Zurich-Graz train (which has become 1465 instead of 465) but has a note with a clue, it says 40465 (which is the portion to Zagreb) has carriages and services which differ from the Nightjet offer. Which is a long winded way of saying that the Zagreb cars are proved by Croatia. These are not bookable, probably because the Croatia and Slovenia are trying to work out how to provide them with hours of diversion in each direction. There is the possiblity that they will not run. You should use www.nightjet.com and carefully watch prices for travel only as far as Graz, there is a risk that the Graz cars will sell out before any news is forthcoming from Croatia.