Userpic

kjdegnan
Traveller
1 comments

Posted 2 days ago

We are planning to do a loop from Bucharest, Sinaia, Busteni, Bran, Viscri, Sighisoara, Sibiu, and stop along the way to see the churches or castles. My question is where to store our luggage near the trains while we tour. It sounds like a nightmare to pull luggage on old city streets! Any advise would be lovely! Also, has anyone used the sleeper cars between Sibiu and Bucharest?!? Thank You!!

Follow this topic
Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1397 comments

replied 1 day ago

Frankly: to go Sin-> Buc by sleeper seems like a big waste to me-too short a trip for a comfortable trip. I do have done it in a sleeper--couchette in fact, many years ago, from Buc, but going further onward. At those times it as all misery and negelct in trains in Rom.
Also-at that time there was no mechanic things like common in West-Eur: IF there as some form of kept luggage, it was all manual-go to a desk, tell for how long, pay-and DO check open at what times for collect. I´ not that long ago on another forum read its often still the same-IF at all available. Though quite often if the railways=CFR do not offer it, there will be some private enterprise-in a HTL, or other place, at station-place to offer it for those lost tourists. So good luck with that.
A much more often visited and most often also knowledgeable forum like tripadvisor may have more accurate/recent info on those towns

Userpic

kjdegnan
Traveller
1 comments

replied 1 day ago

Thank You!!!