Userpic

seve98
Traveller
21 comments

Posted 4 weeks ago

Dear Experts,

I have a short question you may be able to help me with. I know that NightJet from Zurich HB do not originally start here, that they do multi-day trips until they are back in Vienne (hence sometimes the couchette or sleeping comp is missing on every section). Can you tell me which NightJet comes from where to Zurich and goes where?

Like: Vienna-Zurich-Berlin-Zurich-Vienna or Graz-Zurich-Hamburg-Zurich-Graz

My e.g. is completely made up since I do not know the arrangements, but I work in public transport and it seems no one knows where they come from and where they go before they're back. The ones i want to refer are the following:
- Zurich-Berlin Hbf (where did it originally start in Austria?)
- Zurich - Hamburg Hbf (same question)
- Zurich - Amsterdam C. (same question)

Can also someone tell when the new Nightjet will be going to/from Switzerland?

Thanks a loooot!

Sevi

Follow this topic
Userpic

Arend7
Traveller
642 comments

replied 4 weeks ago

Go to www.bahn.com and search for the train. Click on details and then on the train number. You see is whole joutney/

Userpic

argon
Traveller
443 comments

replied 4 weeks ago

I think he want to know where the train is running over the days : for example in Night 1 its running from Wien to Zürich and where the trainset goes after that night (for example if its going further to Berlin or Bruxelles or just back to Wien) . But I think no ones in this forum is knowing that , its a really nerdy question . Only people who are watching all nightjets from Zürich (and collecting all UIC Numbers) or direct employees of SBB (Because you askes for Switzerland) can answer this question . I think in that case the best option is just asking ÖBBs partner SBB if they tell you the answer to your question , if its not kinda classified or top secret or something like that :) . Cherres argon :)

Userpic

seve98
Traveller
21 comments

replied 4 weeks ago

Yes that is exactly my question Aragon :)

I know they do not have a facility by Newrest yet to bring in new linen and sheets and stock up with things so they go in two day intervals and I think its always the same but I cannot figure out. But what I do not know is what the sequence is. I think Graz/Vienna is shared with Hamburg/Berlin and the Amsterdam is on its own (but then I ask myself where this one stocks up)...