Userpic

aalinakova
Traveller
1 comments

Posted 1 month ago

I need to travel to the Netherlands because may residence permit got lost/stolen. On the website of nederlandsworldwide.nl it says that I don't need visa, as I'm within Schengen area, but you never know...

Follow this topic
Userpic

Arend7
Traveller
642 comments

replied 1 month ago

I am a couple of times asked (as all other passengers) for my passport at the Danish/German border.

Userpic

aalinakova
Traveller
1 comments

replied 1 month ago

I have my passport, but I don't know if it will be enough...

Userpic

Arend7
Traveller
642 comments

replied 1 month ago

I"m 99% sure it will not be a problem.

Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1399 comments

replied 1 month ago

Its indeed all in the common Schengen area, however DE=germany has announced to start border checks soon and its obvious by train-or bus-you have to pass that. DK=Denmark also does border checks, mostly for coming in only.
You did not state for what permit youve lost-and I kind of assume you hold a passpt from OUT of the EU-in that case at border checks they may very well also ask to see more documentation or permits-esp if it all looks you are not the normal tourist (length of stay, nationality.
In general when flying they only ask to see at check-in or when boarding that you are indeed the same one as printed/statedon the boarding pass.
By train: depending on what ticket you hold-it may be a pass or the kind-they may also ask to see that its indeed you if the pass is personal.