Userpic

Aud60
Traveller
4 comments

Posted 1 month ago

Hi is there a quick way to get from.zermat to milan we sre taking glacier express and need to travel back to milan for flight next day.we have day pass so would like to do it same day..

Follow this topic
Userpic

argon
Traveller
443 comments

replied 1 month ago

Theres connections with one change at Brig . The last connection leaves Zermatt at 19:13 and arrives Milano C at 22:43 . For all connections and Tickets look at sbb.ch . Cherres argon :)

Userpic

argon
Traveller
443 comments

replied 1 month ago

Ahh and note that between Domodossola and Milano due to track works some departures are replaced by bus . And what "Pass" do you mean ?

Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
1078 comments

replied 1 month ago

There are also trackwork/ bus rides on the Swiss side of Domodossola at the moment.

The question is too vague. We need a date, and confirmation that the flight is from Malpensa airport and not Linate or Orio al Serio which add a whole new level of problems. And like Argon I would like to know which day pass , I assume you mean for Switzerland and need to buy a ticket from Domodossola.

If you mean you are taking the Glacier Express TO Zermatt and then want to get to Milan same day, it is possible but only from the first arrival (train 903).

Userpic

Aud60
Traveller
4 comments

replied 1 month ago

Sorry if the question was to vague.we are on the glacier express 8am on the 2nd september.we have a day pass which expires 5am on the 3rd.
Our flight is from bergamo at 6am on the 4th sep so we were hoping to get to milan central sleep then head over to bergamo.thank you

Userpic

argon
Traveller
443 comments

replied 1 month ago

Unfortunately until 09.09 there are Track Works so the train you need to take is replaced by Bus between Domodossola and Milano . The following connection would be possible :
Zermatt from 18:13 with RE 42
Brig arr. at 19:37 dep. at 19:44 with EC 59
Domodossola arr. at 20:20 dep. at 20:30 with Bus B EC059
Milano Centrale arr. at 22:50

As I said for Zermatt - Milano : sbb.ch and for Milano - Bergamo : trenitalia.com . And what pass ??? Interrail or a Swiss Travel Pass ?

Userpic

Aud60
Traveller
4 comments

replied 1 month ago

Swiss travel pass

Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
1078 comments

replied 1 month ago

Swiss travel pass is only valid to the border even if still valid in time and (doesn't include the Glacier Express surcharge/reservation fee). But I can't see a Glacier Express at 08:00 from anywhere, the 08:51 from St Moritz is train 903 which has the option to Milano given by Argon. That has a connection to Bergamo at 23:40 which arrives at almost 01:00 next day. Because Orio al Serio is so far from Milano the direct shuttle bus from Milano Centrale takes 50 minutes at least and the first doesn't depart until 04:00 http://www.orioshuttle.com/_eng/default.cfm which could be tight for check in. So you are faced with a very late arrival in Bergamo for a two (short) nights stay or one night in each location, which I think is what you intend.

Userpic

Aud60
Traveller
4 comments

replied 1 month ago

Sorry mistake 8.50.
I have seat and meal.reservations and day pass so even if i get so far with it and break the journey..

Userpic

Aud60
Traveller
4 comments

replied 1 month ago

We leave zermatt evening of 2nd but dont fly u till 6am on 4th so plently of time just trying to figure route.

Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
1078 comments

replied 1 month ago

The biggest issue on your plan isn't the train times but that 06:00 flight! Even getting from the centre of Bergamo in time for check in would be tight. I would book two nights at the NH Hotel in the Orio Centre across the road from the airport terminal, use Argons schedule and then get the 23:30 shuttle bus from Milano Centrale to the airport and you can walk across to the hotel - and on the 4th walk back in time for the flight without worrying about bus delays. On the middle day use the local bus to go into Bergamo and back. https://www.nh-hotels.com/en/hotel/nh-orio-al-serio