Userpic

seve98
Traveller
21 comments

Posted 2 months ago

If you book a Nightjet (NJ) connection and you are not in the same compartment then your friend, is there a possibility to change before asking the conductor at the platform. Found out when I checked the Coach alignment. Can ÖBB change the seating beforehand to a specific sleeper compartment online through the hotline or at a counter? Or do I just have to go with my sleeper space?

Follow this topic
Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
1078 comments

replied 2 months ago

this all depends on how the reservations were made - meaning how you got seperated. If you booked two seats or couchettes at the same time then it suggests the train is full and this was the best they could do. If you booked two berths in a two bed sleeper compartment it must be very full to do this! But a male/female couple booking together in a three bed sleeper compartment will always be seperated because they are segregated unless the whole compartment is booked. Are you sure you have the correct caoch plan? The new trains have an odd layout. If you made seperate bookings, especially if you booked direct with OBB/Nightjet they might be able to solve this if it doesn't require somebody else to be moved. The number is +43 (0)5-1717