Userpic

7144laura
Traveller
1 comments

Posted 2 months ago

Hi, in a few weeks we would like to take the train for a ride. The children like that so much. We are thinking from Bar to Kolašin. It's just an outing, so we have to go back to Bar the same day. Is this possible?

I understood that the train leaves Bar at 9am. Can we also go back to Bar when we arrive in Kolašin?

And booking in advance is not possible, as I understand it?

Thank you in advance!

Follow this topic
Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
1058 comments

replied 2 months ago

a round trip on the same day is possible, the train at 09:00 arrives at 11:16 - the next train back isn't until 17:49 and arrives in Bar at 20:37. There is no way to buy in advance on the website but you might be able to at Bar station, and if you can then also ask about reservation from Kolašin back to Bar.

https://zpcg.me/

Userpic

7144laura
Traveller
1 comments

replied 1 month ago

Thanks for the answer and what a clear website! Super nice!

Do you perhaps also know the difference between the train at 9:00 (which only stops in Sutomore, Podgorica and Kolasin) and the 15:30 train (which stops at at least 20 stations). I think the 1st train is better because it stops so little? Or am I wrong?

And is there much difference between 1st and 2nd class?

Thank you!

Userpic

argon
Traveller
423 comments

replied 1 month ago

The first one is a Brzi/fast-train and should be a modern train and the second one is a Putnicki/Pasanger-train which is an old Yugoslavian train without AC ! And I would recommend the 1st class because in the Balkan the biggest advantage is that you will not seat in sweating hot overcrowed compartment with seven other peoples ! Even in such "new" trains its much more relax especially considering that its will only cost you a few Euro more (8€ instead of 5€ or so) . Cherres argon :)