Userpic

fastzug
Traveller
2 comments

Posted 3 months ago

Hey,

i plan to travel from Cologne to Stockholm.

I tried to book all trains from Deutsche Bahn, but they cant book the X2000 from Kobenhavn to Stockholm and SJ can´t book from Cologne to Kobenhavn because of the new booking-system from SJ.

On the Deutsche Bahn Website is the price around 70 euros (Cologne to Stockholm), but i can´t book.

If i split the booking i have to pay 70€ from Cologne to Kobenhavn (DB) and 70€ from Kobenhavn to Stockholm (SJ).

Is there any other way to book this connection cheaper than 140 euros?

Follow this topic
Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
1073 comments

replied 3 months ago

you have done some good research and what you found is the situation. I thought of using the DSB system but if you can find the link hidden on the website it goes to a system run by the Belgians (who are usually very good) and it eventually came out with a sample price of 1038 DKK - which converts to 139 € !!!!

The only thing you issed is that not only is the SJ reservation system in crisis but the Swedish Track Authority often can't confirm trains will be able to run until maybe 2 weeks in advance. The Swedish railway managers make their British counterparts look good - and that should worry everyone!

Userpic

fastzug
Traveller
2 comments

replied 3 months ago

Thank you.

If i try too book from DSB its a similar price but its one booking and not splitted. Thank you!

I called also the SJ Support but they can´t tell me when the booking problems get fixed.

Is it possible that its a mistake on the DB Website?

The train price from Cologne to Kopenhagen is the same like the price from Cologne to Stockholm (but the booking dont work because of the Train beetween Kopenhagen and Stockholm)

Userpic

argon
Traveller
438 comments

replied 3 months ago

Its because DB cant add the price of the Koebenhaven-Stockholm section because they simply dont know it ! Had an similar question last yr : https://raildude.com/forum/view?id=57653 . So the options are : Wait till DB "release" the Tickets on their Website , split the Tickets or buy tickets from DSB/SNCB .

Cherres argon :)

Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1397 comments

replied 3 months ago

1038 DKK (Danish!) Kroner is slightly under 140€.(xe today).
Fastzug did not mention a date, but it may very well be after the date that SJ has opened its bookings-these tend to be quite short recently.
Raildude =this site, is NOT anymore what it once long ago used to be, but a mr google still leands people this way.
Fastzug ist bestimmt DE, also kommt mann besser draus aufs forum; drehscheibe-online.de

Userpic

argon
Traveller
438 comments

replied 3 months ago

From SJs website "You can book tickets until December 14, 2024.

Tickets for SJ EuroNight are able for purchase until November 3, 2024.

Some departures are blocked due to track work planning. The departures will be released for booking as soon as the planning is complete. The tickets will be released continuously every day. SJ Customer Service cannot give any information in advance about when a specific departure can be booked."