Userpic

cvking
Traveller
1 comments

Posted 2 months ago

I am looking for the website to book train tickets from Chisinah to Dnipro. I am told that trains do run between these two cities but cannot as I said locate a site where I can make a booking.

Follow this topic
Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1386 comments

replied 2 months ago

Probably not possible online. But THIS site is far better for that info: seat61.com
Also a big chance that many trains (there is just 1/day-overnite) will be cancelled-who wants to go to Ukrayna in the current state?
Take your chance and buy ticket when there at the vokzal/gara=station.

Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
1058 comments

replied 2 months ago

If you mean Chișinău in Moldova there are no direct trains. As of last week (the last time someone asked this sort of question) there is one train per day from Chișinău to Kyiv, it's run by Ukrainian Railways.

Now I'm going to be rude (or honest as I would say). If you can't find the website for Ukrainian Railways by putting those words (in Ukrainian or English) into Google , or you can only use smartphone apps which the makers app store allow you to load, you shouldn't be trying to enter a war zone! It isn't a game, you need to know what you are doing without apps. And Ukrainian rail workers have a hard enough job to do without looking after people who can't find a website in Google. СЛАВА #ЗАЛІЗНА РОДИНА !

Userpic

cvking
Traveller
1 comments

replied 2 months ago

You are not being rude only honest. I spent 6 years in Viet Nam as a civilian so I am quite aware of the problems of entering a war torn country. So as there are no trains which can easily reach Dnipro I will be going back to my original thinking and flying into Warsaw and take a train from there to Dripro. And before I forget thanks for the prompt reply and have a great day.