Userpic

RollingRolling
Traveller
2 comments

Posted 1 month ago

What is the best option to get from Bruges (Belgium) to Bremen (Germany) ?
I would like to travel around the 9th of September 2024.
Cheers

Follow this topic
Userpic

Arend7
Traveller
624 comments

replied 1 month ago

My advice: Intercity to Brussel, High speed (Eurostar or ICE) to Köln en from there ICE to Bremen. My advice take ICE, not Eurostar. It’s easier to buy tickets at www.bahn.com (also for timetable).

Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1377 comments

replied 1 month ago

Greetings from Bremen now! Yes, asabove, and after 1/9 the compulsory summertime REServation on the DB-ICE should be done away with again.
Expect delays here in DE=Germany and also a fair chance on cancellations.
If you have enough spare time, not averse to some adventure and also come back to BE and/or perhaps do some more trips in DE: in that case that famous 49€/whole month Deutschlandticket saves money-then only buy domestic NMBS till Welkenraedt and a ticket Welk-Aachen.
Thats how I came yesterday, but not from BE and plan to do some trips today on it.
IF you still want that €*=former Thalys, you have to buy separate tickets of rit and the 2 sectors on each side.

Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
1041 comments

replied 1 month ago

my advice, buy it as one ticket from DB using a DB long distance train (ICE or IC or EC) for at least part of the travel in Germany. Bought now the entire journey on fast trains can be done for less than €50. If you split the journey into pieces it will get more expensive. The rules for the cheap fare are: must use DB long distance in Germany, must be an international journey, foreign travel must be sellable by DB (which rules out Eurostar) and it really needs to be booked early - this price will have doubled in two months time..

Userpic

RollingRolling
Traveller
2 comments

replied 1 month ago

Thank you all for the valuable suggestions !