Userpic

fastzug
Traveller
2 comments

Posted 1 month ago

Hello,

i try to book the nighttrain from Stockholm to Abisko (Vy Nattåg 94) in August, but it don´t works:

On the website sj.se is written "released later" and on the website vy.se i cant find the train on my travellingdate.

Do you know anythink about the ticket releases?

The Trail from Abisko to Narvik is damaged and i can find some information about it and other problem for june and july. But nothing about august.

I get a little bit nervous because i also have to book a train from germany to stockholm and some of them are already sold out.

Follow this topic
Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
1041 comments

replied 1 month ago

Sweden has a bad reputation for not confirming schedules until 2-4 weeks before travel. The following train to Umea is only open until 20th June. 94 may not run at all.

Userpic

fastzug
Traveller
2 comments

replied 1 month ago

Thank you, is it wise to book the train from Germany to Stockholm before tickets for Stockholm -> Abisko become available?
Are there other good options to travel from Stockholm to Abisko if the Nattåg is not running?

The night trains from Hamburg to Stockholm (Snalltaget and SJ) are already sold out. At the moment I can only book a connection with 3 stops (Neumünster GER, Fensburg GER and Copenhagen).

Userpic

Baldie
Traveller
20 comments

replied 1 month ago

On vy.se there are some trains with ticket available, or at least priced, for August from Stockholm to Kiruna, you may be able to get a bus or other transport from there to Abisko. I don't know if they are subject to cancelation etc., but as the problem is the iron ore trains taking precedence from Kiruna to Narvik you may be alright.