Userpic

Markk
Traveller
1 comments

Posted 1 month ago

Hi!
I am traveling from Munich to Prague in early September and cannot seem to figure out how to reserve a seat in 1st Class. The option did not come up as I purchased my ticket and I cannot find it through My Trips on DB. Please help!
Thanks!

Follow this topic
Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
1041 comments

replied 1 month ago

Alex are a regional operator and don't bother with a reservation system, their website clearly says reservations are not possible. And it's not totally true! They hand over to Czech Railways part way, who also supply some of the cars for the Prague trains - and they do have a reservation system. Use
https://www.cd.cz/en/spojeni-a-jizdenka/
and go through the process of buying a ticket, make sure you have the correct date and train. If they are on sale you get a green box with a price in CZK, click the drop down arrow next to it and you get the option to buy reservation only. There is an option to pick your seat - the seat plan is only for reference, you can't clcik on it, just make a note of an available seat and then tyep the car number and seat number into the purchase window. Reservations do not open early so you might to wait a while for your date. 76CZK is about 3€

Userpic

Markk
Traveller
1 comments

replied 1 month ago

Awesome, thanks!!! I bought my tix on the DB website and did not see the ALX policy, so this helps a lot!