Userpic

stumpy
Traveller
0 comments

Posted 1 month ago

Should I book the reservations on the website or the app?
Will I receive a code to tap in and out of stations?
I'm travelling with a partner - is it better to have both people on one mobile device, or on separate devices?
Thanks

Follow this topic
Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1377 comments

replied 1 month ago

this is not the best of forums for the pass: try community.eurail.com, but s since yesterday eve however this seems hopefully temporary been set outofuse
other better site: seat61.com
RES: really differs a lot per country-its an assortment of state-owned railways that all set their own rules-plus that smarties choose routes that do not require too much of RES. HOwever, it seems that all 1st timers have a big talent to choose just those routes/countries that put on the highest hurdles.
You will not recieve a special codes-out of that island in the Northsea only a very, very few countries have barriers-its simple just walk on/off. That QR code that the pass generates for your travelday IS your ticket and is so smart that it will even also works the gates in NL. Again, just as for RES ESpana=Spain is the biggest nuisance. In UK you have to pass by manual staffed gates. That UK obsession about companies is also an island thing-in most there is simply only that state-owned burocratic monstrosity
On 1 or 2 is personal, but I (always alone and right now in a train from Austria to Germany in last week of a 2-month pass) would choose separate-in case 1 fone malfunctions/gets lost you do not loose all in 1 time

Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
1041 comments

replied 1 month ago

Most gates in GB (no idea about NI - there has never been a standard UK scheme) are operated by QR code or by magnetic stripe on older style tickets. The staff are for the few tickets that have neither and for disabled assistance, not knowing how to use your own phone is not a recognised disability.

Userpic

Arend7
Traveller
624 comments

replied 1 month ago

In NL there is mostly a button with a loudspeaker at the gates where you can speak a staff member from a distance