Userpic

LucyMunck
Traveller
1 comments

Posted 3 months ago

Hi!
I wanted to check if it is possible to travel by train from Copenhaguen to Aarhaus with a tube carrying sails. The tube is 220 cm long.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Follow this topic
Userpic

argon
Traveller
423 comments

replied 3 months ago

I think thats not allow , DSB says that you can bring three pcs. of Hand Luggage with you . And i think a 2,2 m long Tube doesnt count as hand luggage :) And even if it wouldve been allowed , theres no suitable place to leave it in the train ! Cherres argon :)

Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
1058 comments

replied 3 months ago

I tend to agree with Argon but DSB are very vague. They say luggage must go in the spaces above and below seats and must be easily handled. The last part seems key, a 2.2m fishing road in a tight bag could do that, a 2.2m poster in a narrow tube could also be easily handled. But how wide is your tube and how heavy is it - I suspect this will become a problem. And is any part of the tube metal or carbon fibre? Because at 2.2 m and being carried upright (to big to carry level) along a station platform it could get dangerously close to the 25kV traction current wires.

Userpic

LucyMunck
Traveller
1 comments

replied 3 months ago

Thanks for your answers. The tube has a diameter of 22 cm, it is not heavy. It has wheels at one end to carry easily. It would not be dangerous, we have carried along the tube in many trains in other countries (Great Britatin, Poland, etc). I just didnĀ“t seem to find specific information to know if it would be a problem on DSB trains or not. Thanks for your help

Userpic

argon
Traveller
423 comments

replied 3 months ago

If its not a problem of space , i would write or call DSBs customer support .