Userpic

kiwiajeossi
Traveller
53 comments

Posted 1 week ago

I'm investigating the possibility of this trip in early october, but vraious websites are often conflicting inofrmation on what options are available. From my last experience of RailDude, it proved reliable and helpful, so I'm asking here for clarity - how do I get from Bologna to Zürich by train?

Follow this topic
Userpic

traiveller
Traveller
28 comments

replied 1 week ago

Hi,
Bologna to Milano, than directly to Zürich with reservation fee, or from Milano to Lugano, then to Zürich without reservation.

Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
916 comments

replied 1 week ago

or Bologna to Innsbruck and then Innsbruck to Zürich, very easy and cheap tickets usually available a couple of months in advance (and both legs sold by ÖBB ).

But this is isn't hard to find using official train company websites and the www.ban.com schedule database so where have you been looking?

Userpic

kiwiajeossi
Traveller
53 comments

replied 1 week ago

I was looking on sbb.ch. I was hoping for a listing there of the approximate prices of the various options, à la trenitalia's listings for their network, but did not find it. Happily, your suggestion of bahn.com (there's an h missing in your reply) was exactly the sort of thing I was looking for, thank you very much