Userpic

nikita2008
Traveller
13 comments

Posted 2 weeks ago

Hotel for 16 years old.

Hello, I want to travel on Interrail from Poland to Venice and Rome alone. Are there any hotels or apartments where I can stay overnight as a minor? Any options are important, regardless of the price, even 200 euros, just so that at 16 years old

Follow this topic
Userpic

argon
Traveller
353 comments

replied 2 weeks ago

No thats not possible , Italian laws do not allow for that . People under the age of 18 cannot stay in Hotel ! Some other countrys allow that with a written down consent by the parents but Italy do not :( . My advise : Always use Nighttrains , they do basically not have any min. age . Italy offers quite some interesting Nighttrains ! Cherres argon :)

Userpic

nikita2008
Traveller
13 comments

replied 2 weeks ago

Thank you, I was thinking of doing just that, but sleeping in a six-seat compartment is tough, you can rent a single compartment with a shower, maybe you know some routes where there are new trains from Venice or Rome, for example, from one end of Italy to the other.

By the way, there are hotels where there is no reception, check-in is simply by code, but this is risky

Userpic

argon
Traveller
353 comments

replied 2 weeks ago

To start at the begining : Theres a good connection from Warszwa to Venezia by Nighttrain : Warszawa from 06:20 (IC 105) to Wien arriving at 13:49 and from there Nighttrain (NJ 40466) to Venezia , arriving there 08:22 the next day . From Venzia you can use Nighttrain by the Italian Railways called Intercity Notte to Roma (Venezia Santa Lucia from 22:31 , arrival in Roma Termini 06:35 (ICN 870) or ICN 763 dep. Venezia 21.10 , arr. in Roma 06:06) . For the trip back to Poland i would recommend : Roma Termini from 20:17 (NJ 40294) to Wien Hbf (Arriving 10:54) and then IC/EC 104 back to Warszawa , where you arrive at 21:34 . Tickets can be book on intercity.pl (Polish state railways) , nightjet.com (Austrian state Railways) and lefrecce.it (Italian Railways) .

And yes , i know that Check-in at some Hotels is by code . But from my experience most Hotels (>50%) dont check IDs or Passports .

Best regards argon :)

Userpic

nikita2008
Traveller
13 comments

replied 2 weeks ago

Thank you, I’m traveling from Wroclaw, I think you can travel along the same route with an Interrail ticket, of course I understand that somewhere you may need to make a reservation, even though this will be my first time traveling with such a system - I think I’ll sort out the reservation and so on

Userpic

argon
Traveller
353 comments

replied 2 weeks ago

You should compare ! Your Trip is not very complicated so it wouldnt be a problem to book every Ticket seperate . A 4-day Interrailpass cost 212€ (about 920 zl) .

Userpic

nikita2008
Traveller
13 comments

replied 2 weeks ago

But if I rent one compartment, it will cost very much compared to an Interrail ticket, or I'm wrong. But I’ll probably still take the risk of booking a hotel near Venice for 180 euros, if they catch me, I’ll say that they had it written on the booking that there are no age restrictions for arrival.

Userpic

argon
Traveller
353 comments

replied 2 weeks ago

They dont have to write laws on their Website for sure !!! ( :) ) . How much the Nighttrain cost depends on the date if you tell i would compare ! Im wouldnt take the risk to sleep on the Streets , but with enough Wodka this problem would be solved :) ! But at the end its your decision !

Userpic

argon
Traveller
353 comments

replied 2 weeks ago

(If you tell me i would compare it for you . I wouldnt) Sorry !

Userpic

nikita2008
Traveller
13 comments

replied 2 weeks ago

buy vodka at 16 years old? xD
I will say that I checked in based on the information from booking, plus I will style my hair so that I look 22 years old
I like to book no earlier than the day before the trip, or if I’m sure I’ll go in a month, then of course yes

Userpic

argon
Traveller
353 comments

replied 2 weeks ago

Buying Vodka with 16 years of age wouldnt be a big problem here in Germany , i thought Polish people also consume a lot of alcohol .... But anyway if you want to travel by Train : To book one day in advance is not smart . Fares this short before the journey are really expensive and Trains maybe even be sold out .... As i said : Its your decision ! Cheeres argon

Userpic

nikita2008
Traveller
13 comments

replied 2 weeks ago

What about Interrail, is it also better to book several days in advance? But I think at least some of the worst places should remain

Userpic

nikita2008
Traveller
13 comments

replied 2 weeks ago

Poles always drink a lot

Userpic

MisterSteve
Traveller
916 comments

replied 2 weeks ago

The Interrail reservation cost for a whole sleep compartment may be nearly as much as the advance purchase price for ticket including whole reserved compartment. Nightjets from Austria to Italy are cancelled for most of the summer season.

The whole story sounds dubious, almost like planning to traffic a vulnerable person........

Userpic

argon
Traveller
353 comments

replied 2 weeks ago

Interrail is better to book 2-6 months in advance ! :) And its not rare that ALL Places to sleep are sold out , but its right that you will most likely get a berth in Couchette-class , but if you want to travel confortable with shower etc. you should as early as possible !

Userpic

nikita2008
Traveller
13 comments

replied 2 weeks ago

2-6 months? Lol, you don’t know what will happen in life in a month, but people book half a year in advance, like a plane
But there must still be places, right? According to theory

Userpic

argon
Traveller
353 comments

replied 2 weeks ago

I know what could happen in a month , but thats the reality (Which i obviously cannot change !) . And i know that Nightjets to Roma are cancelled betwenn the 08.06 until 09.09 , but maybe he wants to travel before this trackworks ! And there are also other ways to go to Roma by Nighttrain . And yes i think most/nearly all Nighttrains to Italy have some free Berths/Beds !

Userpic

nikita2008
Traveller
13 comments

replied 2 weeks ago

Bro what is?

Attachment Image
Userpic

argon
Traveller
353 comments

replied 2 weeks ago

I dont trust the informations from Interrail , but ÖBB/Nightjet the operator of this trains say : https://www.nightjet.com/en/reiseziele/italien/rom

Userpic

argon
Traveller
353 comments

replied 2 weeks ago

Sorry the English website doesnt show the information : https://www.nightjet.com/de/reiseziele/italien/rom , Translated "Please note: Due to a route closure in Italy, the Nightjets NJ 40233/40294 (from/to Vienna) and NJ 295/294 (from/to Munich) will unfortunately not be able to operate from June 8 to September 7, 2024 and will therefore be canceled on the entire route."

Userpic

nikita2008
Traveller
13 comments

replied 2 weeks ago

Thank you, okay, my plan is Wroclaw - Vienna, Vienna - WOERGL, and from there VERONA PORTA NUOVA, I plan to be there already at 9 pm, spend the night in a hotel (which is very risky at 16 years old, otherwise they can kick you out) and in the morning go to beautiful Venice where I've never been in my life and didn't think I would be

Userpic

nikita2008
Traveller
13 comments

replied 2 weeks ago

Every hour I find more and more interesting things on this site :( Interrail is frustrating, now I found out that you need to print your ticket if you are going to Italy

Attachment Image
Userpic

argon
Traveller
353 comments

replied 2 weeks ago

Your welcome ! If you have any further question just ask here in the forum ! Best regards argon :)

Userpic

argon
Traveller
353 comments

replied 2 weeks ago

As the Website says Resevations for ITALY , France , Austria , Switzerland , Germany and the BeNeLu will be send as E-Tickets and can also be shown as that . Dont worry !

Userpic

argon
Traveller
353 comments

replied 2 weeks ago

You dont need to print them out ! But keep in mind if you want the easiest Trip : Book all Tickets seperatly .

Userpic

nikita2008
Traveller
13 comments

replied 2 weeks ago

In Poland I used to do this, but then I realized that you can buy one ticket with several transfers and it’s cheaper xD By the way, it says that the e-ticket needs to be printed, why do you think not? And what difficulties can there be when traveling with an interrail ticket? With it I can go wherever I want, especially on regional trains, this will already be included in the ticket price and no reservation is required

Userpic

argon
Traveller
353 comments

replied 2 weeks ago

e-Ticket means Elektronic Ticket so why shouldnt they could shown as an e-Ticket . But im not an Expert for the Interrail Guidelines , therefore i would ask at community.eurail.com , the offical Forum for Interrail/Eurail . The major problem with Interrail are Reservation : Sometimes its really difficult to get one , and depending on the train can also be very high ! Btw. Regional Trains in Poland are not always includet because every Woiwodship have their own Railwaycompany (Kolej's) and maybe dont recognize them . (Kolej Dolnoslaskie recognize them) . You can find detailed list of which train-company recognize Interrail here : https://www.interrail.eu/en/plan-your-trip/tips-and-tricks/trains-europe/railway-companies .

Userpic

nikita2008
Traveller
13 comments

replied 2 weeks ago

and as I understand it... interrail actually shows all trains, even those in which his ticket is not recognized?

Userpic

argon
Traveller
353 comments

replied 2 weeks ago

(Voivodeship)

Userpic

argon
Traveller
353 comments

replied 2 weeks ago

Puhhhh , i dont know i barely used Interrail ....

Userpic

nikita2008
Traveller
13 comments

replied 2 weeks ago

The route folding in the application and on the website is different; the phone does not have the same flight as on the computer